Of course you realize, this means WAR.

johnacraft

Nov 17, 2006
Visit site
http://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1575410,00.html

"All technologists believe their products are better than other people's, or at least they say they do, but Jobs believes it a little more than most. In the hours we spent talking about the iPhone, Jobs trash-talked the Treo, the BlackJack, the Sony PSP and the Sony Mylo (?just garbage compared to this?), Windows Vista ("It's just a copy of an old version of Mac OSX") and of course Microsoft?s would-be iPod killer, Zune."

Watch it, sucka.

whatever7

Oct 24, 2004
Visit site
It's war when Jobs can make a low end model that cost as much as the competitors.

Although there is nothing Palm can do to counter in either case. They don't have an OS they have control over.

Felipe#WP

Nov 11, 1999
Visit site
It's war when Jobs can make a low end model that cost as much as the competitors.

Although there is nothing Palm can do to counter in either case. They don't have an OS they have control over.

they can do whatevver they want to to the palm os. wasnt that what the deal a couple of weeks agowas about?

whatever7

Oct 24, 2004
Visit site
they can do whatevver they want to to the palm os. wasnt that what the deal a couple of weeks agowas about?

Well the PalmOS5 is not good enough to do all those fluff stuff S. Jobs is showing off today. Plus Palm has always had lousy programmers.

NextDream

Feb 17, 2005
Visit site
LOL, If this is a war then it's time to unfurl the 'MISSION ACCOMPLISHED' banner. Today's pre-launch tease was Shock & Awe part II

bcaslis#IM

Jun 18, 2002
caslis.com
War? You've got to kidding? Apple showed off a thermonuclear device. Palm has a pee shooter. The only thing this doesn't have is 3G data (but it has wifi). And if you listen to the keynote, Steve said 3G and other will be in later models.

Watch the keynote. Watch the software and how it works. Note that he is actually running the device doing all this stuff. There is no way Palm can come anywhere close to this. The war is over already and I can tell you Palm didn't win.

linoox

Aug 7, 2006
Visit site
War? You've got to kidding? Apple showed off a thermonuclear device. Palm has a pee shooter. The only thing this doesn't have is 3G data (but it has wifi). And if you listen to the keynote, Steve said 3G and other will be in later models.

Watch the keynote. Watch the software and how it works. Note that he is actually running the device doing all this stuff. There is no way Palm can come anywhere close to this. The war is over already and I can tell you Palm didn't win.

This is a sad day for Palm ... Feels like 'The day after tomorrow'

holvoetn

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
Two different segments are being targetted ...

iPhone will NOT be for business users whereas Treo's and alike will be (and for geeks doing quite some data entry on their device, like myself ;) ).

joele

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
Two different segments are being targetted ...

iPhone will NOT be for business users whereas Treo's and alike will be (and for geeks doing quite some data entry on their device, like myself ;) ).

Agreed the Treo and iphone to me seem to be for different market segments... Treo is a business tool as you said and the Iphone is a rather high end multimedia tool and phone..

skfny

Nov 1, 2002
Visit site
No keyboard. Engadget claims NO THIRD PARTY APPS. Good luck and good night. This will outsell the Treo by multiples, but it doesn't stop my personal quest to find a real Treo killer.

johnacraft

Nov 17, 2006
Visit site
War? You've got to kidding? Apple showed off a thermonuclear device. Palm has a pee shooter.

1. I see we don't have a lot of Groucho Marx / Bugs Bunny fans here ;)

2. I think you meant "pea" shooter, and don't point that thing at me.

Seriously, I agree that Apple moved the goalposts, and in a good way. On so many features, they showed that, yes, it IS possible, and yes, it makes for a more usable device.

One has to assume that CEOs everywhere were furiously texting their design teams yesterday, and that means we all will benefit, even if we never buy an iPhone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2