Im getting one for my wife.
    01-09-2007 07:41 PM
    I'm getting one for me...and when the 3G version comes out, I'll give that to my wife
    01-09-2007 08:54 PM
    not me. I dont see myself transitioning from a real qwerty to a virtual one. I have a feeling non smartphone users will adjust to this better than people like us that have been using real qwerty for about 2-3 years.
    01-09-2007 09:15 PM
    Not I.
    01-09-2007 09:51 PM
    no SPRINT, no go.
    01-09-2007 09:53 PM
    Not me I spend to much money on software for my 700w
    01-09-2007 09:58 PM
    I predict this phone, or at least the screen, will have a relatively short life for any owner since you poke at it with your finger. I have yet to see a touch screen like that last very long due to at least the natural oils from fingers.

I suppose with screen protectors it might be okay.
    01-09-2007 10:12 PM
    I predict this phone, or at least the screen, will have a relatively short life for any owner since you poke at it with your finger. I have yet to see a touch screen like that last very long due to at least the natural oils from fingers.

I suppose with screen protectors it might be okay.
    Well they claim they have 200 patents on the device . Maybe one of them is a new technology for non scratchinng screen
    01-09-2007 11:09 PM
    my contract is up in may, and im going to take the plunge.
    01-09-2007 11:17 PM
    The iPhone is super sexy in every way the Treo could not muster in years of trying.

Sales of the iPhone will eclipse Treos. It will have keyboard inserts, BT keyboard satellites, WiFi keyboard satellite remotes, etc.

Treo: very 1999
    iPhone: very 2007.

Please don't attack me. I don't want to pick up your pieces at the Treo carrier cancelation line. RESET no more! Was it Butler? Reset! Reset! How do you spell Treo? R E S E T spelled backwards.

Goodbye Treo. Hello iPhone. How can you compare OSX in a phone to Palm OS (oh sh*t reset!)
    01-09-2007 11:20 PM
    For starters, Edge is nothing to write home about now. By the end of a two year Cingular contract, it will be a joke. If this phone was unlocked or just less costly, maybe. For $500 to $600 though with a 2yr commitment, pass. Also, I would need to know more about that touchscreen. It better be very durable.
    01-09-2007 11:23 PM
    The iPhone is super sexy in every way the Treo could not muster in years of trying.

Sales of the iPhone will eclipse Treos. It will have keyboard inserts, BT keyboard satellites, WiFi keyboard satellite remotes, etc.

Treo: very 1999
    iPhone: very 2007.

Please don't attack me. I don't want to pick up your pieces at the Treo carrier cancelation line. RESET no more! Was it Butler? Reset! Reset! How do you spell Treo? R E S E T spelled backwards.

Goodbye Treo. Hello iPhone. How can you compare OSX in a phone to Palm OS (oh sh*t reset!)
    ya. what he said.
    01-09-2007 11:23 PM
    Anything with DRM is a no go in my book
    01-09-2007 11:34 PM
    bronxboy, how bad is the drm? my ipod mini is fine for some things, but this just puts treo's to shame, in every way shape and form.
    01-09-2007 11:40 PM

)
    The treo might be unstable. However, you will be surprised how unstable the iPhone may be. No version 1.0 of any product is ever stable and up to par. It takes a few iterations. Which brings up another point that dissapoints me about the Treos. With so many iterations, you would think the Treo would be super stable by now.
    01-09-2007 11:47 PM
    The treo might be unstable. However, you will be surprised how unstable the iPhone may be. No version 1.0 of any product is ever stable and up to par. It takes a few iterations. Which brings up another point that dissapoints me about the Treos. With so many iterations, you would think the Treo would be super stable by now.
    Apple has never made half *** products . This thing is going to be rock solid . I am always suspicious about there battery life ...
    I bet ya all this is going to sell like hot cakes..
    Sell your palm shares now .....
    01-10-2007 12:03 AM
    The device is flawless.
    01-10-2007 03:14 AM
    I was all sold and ready to throw my cash at it until i heard the bomb shell that it will not support 3rd party application, and has no removable battery.

Maybe on the next version, when i can do the above.
    01-10-2007 03:19 AM
    There's still six months till release, maybe they'll up it to 3G by then. I'm very disappointed in Edge. Wifi is great though. Other than that, this like looks hot!
    01-10-2007 03:42 AM
    The device is flawless.
    How can people say that with a straight face? How about poor or even no one handed usage (try flicking the screen with only one hand) and only EDGE. Even if UMTS is coming with the next model, thats still a flaw in this model.

Surur
    01-10-2007 03:52 AM
    If you want an uber cool looking fashionable phone then the iphone will be for you, if you want a phone and PDA in one the iphone for many of us isn't a great option as it will not have 3rd party software support..

And yes the iphone will easily outsell the Treo as more people want a cool looking phone than open expandable phone/pda..
    01-10-2007 04:03 AM
    If you want an uber cool looking fashionable phone then the iphone will be for you, if you want a phone and PDA in one the iphone for many of us isn't a great option as it will not have 3rd party software support..

And yes the iphone will easily outsell the Treo as more people want a cool looking phone than open expandable phone/pda..
    And you're basing this idea of no 3rd party software on what, exactly? I don't recall any official word from Apple on this.

I'm also really tired of people equating all Apple products with fashion, writing them off as not being for "power users." This is utter nonsense. You can have style and power in one package.
    01-10-2007 04:40 AM
    Shouldn't this thread be in the iPhone forum?
    01-10-2007 05:00 AM
    And you're basing this idea of no 3rd party software on what, exactly? I don't recall any official word from Apple on this.
    http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/09/t...-a-smartphone/

No there is no official word from the king of locked down proprietory products... but hey maybe it won't turn out that way, and great if it doesn't, we'll see won't we ;-)

I'm also really tired of people equating all Apple products with fashion, writing them off as not being for "power users." This is utter nonsense. You can have style and power in one package.
    Style and power yes, an even slightly open device from Apple, so far no...
    01-10-2007 05:33 AM
    As far as Apple releasing only well engineered products....how soon they forget....

Remember all the cracked screens in the iPod mini?

Remember the big ruckus due to the non-user replaceable batteries in the iPod that were failing at an alarming rate?

I will not be an early adopter of the iPhone.
    01-10-2007 08:34 AM
134 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD