Whos getting an iPhone?

taylorh

May 24, 2004
www.gadgetech.info
You know what really pisses me off aout the iPhone?

"iPhone brings you free ?push? IMAP email service from Yahoo!, and it can be easily set up to work with most IMAP and POP email services."

I have been waiting for IMAP on Yahoo for YEARS and still only pop. And I'm willing to even pay for it. But oh, just because Apple wants it, It'll be free for the iPhone? What if I want IMAP to use with WM5 or outlook?

@!!@+@"!!$!;@

Iceman6

Jun 5, 2003
Visit site
I've really been struggling with whether to jump ship from Sprint in order to get an iPhone. Version 2.0 will have 3G, a bigger battery, and hopefully an SD-card slot and a flash for the camera. Right now I'm leaning towards waiting. The iPhone is almost a perfect portable video player. Add more internal memory, or preferably an SD-card slot, and I'm sold.

kmrivers

Apr 4, 2006
Visit site
I've really been struggling with whether to jump ship from Sprint in order to get an iPhone. Version 2.0 will have 3G, a bigger battery, and hopefully an SD-card slot and a flash for the camera. Right now I'm leaning towards waiting. The iPhone is almost a perfect portable video player. Add more internal memory, or preferably an SD-card slot, and I'm sold.

There will be no card slot.
Everything else is fair game.

A memory upgrade is more than likely. probably will be upped to 8 and 12GB.

Convert#IM

Aug 21, 2006
Visit site
I was all sold and ready to throw my cash at it until i heard the bomb shell that it will not support 3rd party application, and has no removable battery.

Maybe on the next version, when i can do the above.

That is a deal killer, indeed. Again, Mr. Jobs is going proprietary, which almost killed Apple at one point....will he never learn? :shake:

Iceman6

Jun 5, 2003
Visit site
There will be no card slot.
Everything else is fair game.

A memory upgrade is more than likely. probably will be upped to 8 and 12GB.

Apple has already recognized that a video iPod should have 40 - 80 GB of internal storage. I think your crystal ball is audio-only.

kmrivers

Apr 4, 2006
Visit site
Apple has already recognized that a video iPod should have 40 - 80 GB of internal storage. I think your crystal ball is audio-only.

Exactly a VIDEO IPOD. This is an iPhone, which happens to play video. Phone first, iPod second. Maybe even third if you consider the net.

Product lineup:
Shuffle: very small, wearable, 1GB.
Nano: small, more songs 2-8GB
iPod: Little larger and thin. 30-80GB. Smaller screen. Plays video, not a true video device.
Video iPod: 3.5" touchscreen. True video device. 60-100GB.
iPhone: iPod, Phone, Internet. Combines the nano storage and video iPod into a smaller package and adds phone and internet capabilities.

???: I suppose they could introduce a larger hard drive based phone. I doubt it, but its possible. This isn't a video ipod, again it is a phone. As flash drops one day we will hit the 32GB storage range. But they aren't aiming for this device to be a hardcore video player.

Dunc

Jun 9, 2002
www.dunc-it.com
That is a deal killer, indeed. Again, Mr. Jobs is going proprietary, which almost killed Apple at one point....will he never learn? :shake:

Yeah, I watched the press conference and was sold. Would have bought one right then and there - fortuntely Steve gave me a couple of months to collect my thoughts. I can't do a phone with no 3rd party apps - no way! I still think they'll come around and concede that point, but in the mean time I'm looking at OpenMoko.

Dunc

taylorh

May 24, 2004
www.gadgetech.info
A)I think that google phone is somewhat ugly.
B)No storage? WTF

Even as the WM5 fanboy as I've become, I may still get the iPhone just to try it out and see for myself. It doesn't look like a bad PHONE (not really a pda). After all, my wife may like it as she struggles with the complexity of WM.

rpjk2000

Sep 5, 2005
Visit site
i think i am jumping ship from sprint day 1.**i have a 700wx and it is driving me nuts.**if the iphone rings when it's supposed to and reminds me of my appointments, then it's a step up from my 700wx.**i am sick of my phone not ringing and it not doing reminders of appointments.

freeman949

Jan 4, 2005
Visit site
Day 1 I'm in line!

I can't wait to switch! I have had nothing but problems with both the Treo 600 and 650. It's been so bad I wouldn't waste the money for a 700. I have a Treo theory... Everyone needs three of em' so that way you always have one that works. I've tried Cingular, Verizon and Sprint over the past few years and they all suck and they're all pretty good. It just depends on where and when. I went through 3 Treo 600's and 4 650's with Cingular. Three 650's with Verizon and I'm on my second 650 with Sprint and the second one has been back for repairs twice. The Treo is a great concept and a very poorly made phone. By the way, I only switched to Sprint because they have the only Blutooth stack that is compatible with BMW. Palm customer service is useless! What's the worst that can nhappen? The iPhone is fun??

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
well, my reason's aren't as severe but at the end of the day i've found other devices that have met my needs in a much smaller and less heavy form. i'd love a Treo that was just a bit more current in its design and a bit more pocketable while offering better battery life. yes, there are opportunity costs, but i'm sure something better than rounded edges and an antenna-less design could be had if they put their minds/budget to it. as for stability, it's been months since the Pearl needed to have its battery removed, i could never ever say that about any of my Treo devices. will be fun to give the iPhone a try. whether i keep it or not is a question i won't be able to answer until a later time.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro