Whos getting an iPhone?

Jan 8, 2005
www.theafricannerd.com
not me. I dont see myself transitioning from a real qwerty to a virtual one. I have a feeling non smartphone users will adjust to this better than people like us that have been using real qwerty for about 2-3 years.

westronic

Jan 15, 2005
Visit site
I predict this phone, or at least the screen, will have a relatively short life for any owner since you poke at it with your finger. I have yet to see a touch screen like that last very long due to at least the natural oils from fingers.

I suppose with screen protectors it might be okay.

Jan 8, 2005
www.theafricannerd.com
I predict this phone, or at least the screen, will have a relatively short life for any owner since you poke at it with your finger. I have yet to see a touch screen like that last very long due to at least the natural oils from fingers.

I suppose with screen protectors it might be okay.
Well they claim they have 200 patents on the device . Maybe one of them is a new technology for non scratchinng screen:)

mgauss

Oct 5, 2002
Visit site
Mark my words: Treo is DEAD DEAD DEAD

The iPhone is super sexy in every way the Treo could not muster in years of trying.

Sales of the iPhone will eclipse Treos. It will have keyboard inserts, BT keyboard satellites, WiFi keyboard satellite remotes, etc.

Treo: very 1999
iPhone: very 2007.

Please don't attack me. I don't want to pick up your pieces at the Treo carrier cancelation line. RESET no more! Was it Butler? Reset! Reset! How do you spell Treo? R E S E T spelled backwards.

Goodbye Treo. Hello iPhone. How can you compare OSX in a phone to Palm OS (oh sh*t reset!)

ebrandwein

Oct 3, 2000
Visit site
Not me

For starters, Edge is nothing to write home about now. By the end of a two year Cingular contract, it will be a joke. If this phone was unlocked or just less costly, maybe. For $500 to $600 though with a 2yr commitment, pass. Also, I would need to know more about that touchscreen. It better be very durable.

DavidGallant

Sep 9, 2005
Visit site
The iPhone is super sexy in every way the Treo could not muster in years of trying.

Sales of the iPhone will eclipse Treos. It will have keyboard inserts, BT keyboard satellites, WiFi keyboard satellite remotes, etc.

Treo: very 1999
iPhone: very 2007.

Please don't attack me. I don't want to pick up your pieces at the Treo carrier cancelation line. RESET no more! Was it Butler? Reset! Reset! How do you spell Treo? R E S E T spelled backwards.

Goodbye Treo. Hello iPhone. How can you compare OSX in a phone to Palm OS (oh sh*t reset!)
ya. what he said.

Jan 8, 2005
www.theafricannerd.com
)

The treo might be unstable. However, you will be surprised how unstable the iPhone may be. No version 1.0 of any product is ever stable and up to par. It takes a few iterations. Which brings up another point that dissapoints me about the Treos. With so many iterations, you would think the Treo would be super stable by now.

Mtreosexual

Nov 21, 2004
Visit site
The treo might be unstable. However, you will be surprised how unstable the iPhone may be. No version 1.0 of any product is ever stable and up to par. It takes a few iterations. Which brings up another point that dissapoints me about the Treos. With so many iterations, you would think the Treo would be super stable by now.

Apple has never made half *** products . This thing is going to be rock solid . I am always suspicious about there battery life ...
I bet ya all this is going to sell like hot cakes..
Sell your palm shares now .....

Silver Sun

Feb 24, 2004
Visit site
I was all sold and ready to throw my cash at it until i heard the bomb shell that it will not support 3rd party application, and has no removable battery.

Maybe on the next version, when i can do the above.

Hanuman

Apr 18, 2005
Visit site
There's still six months till release, maybe they'll up it to 3G by then. I'm very disappointed in Edge. Wifi is great though. Other than that, this like looks hot!

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
The device is flawless.

How can people say that with a straight face? How about poor or even no one handed usage (try flicking the screen with only one hand) and only EDGE. Even if UMTS is coming with the next model, thats still a flaw in this model.

Surur

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro