iPhone: the phone which will out-Treo the Treo

toofgoo

Oct 3, 2005
Visit site
One I have had a palm forever with 36 posts is much more credible.

Ed! The stock plummeting is making you lightheaded!! You're speaking in tongues!!

(psst...i forgot that i had to post 1,248 to be a true voice in regards to treo...sorry. maybe you can someday show me how to be as gifted as you, wait, nevermind)

ohbw

Feb 5, 2005
Visit site
One I have had a palm forever with 36 posts is much more credible.

It's a shame we have do this on the web instead of with a big orange crayon like you seem to require: Killing the messenger doesn't kill the message, which is that...

...Apple just made something that will make all our Treos look like second rate gear. Even yours. Even though you post a lot. Even though you gots a calcumalator and alarm clockification on your phone!

toofgoo

Oct 3, 2005
Visit site
It's a shame we have do this on the web instead of with a big orange crayon like you seem to require: Killing the messenger doesn't kill the message, which is that...

...Apple just made something that will make all our Treos look like second rate gear. Even yours. Even though you post a lot. Even though you gots a calcumalator and alarm clockification on your phone!

"calcumalator" and "alarm clockification"...BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!

I loved it!

ED!!! I'm up to 40!!!

toofgoo

Oct 3, 2005
Visit site
Are you on or willing to go Cingular for that device?

A real question? Yes. I have no loyalty to carriers. None. Sprint...Horrible. Verizon....Horrible. ATTWS....Horrible. Come on, they all really, really suck, so I go to whoever has what I want.

And, really, Cingular will be ATTWS again in a few short months, so what does that matter?

Go to SprintUsers and read the horror stories...or HOFO for Cingular/Verizon/TMOB....come on, they are all the same

toofgoo

Oct 3, 2005
Visit site
Again I ask. You willing to go to Cingular for all that?

I answered. I would. If it meant that they have something I want that others dont...Why stay with Sprint just because they have the Treo?

I don't exclusively buy Ford or Chevy...I like what other makers have and buy their cars...same thing

RICHINMJ

May 28, 2004
Visit site
Toofgoo

Obviously you missed my $33/month tax included for 500 minutes, unlimited data, unlimited text messaging, free nights and weekends, free roaming, free sprint to sprint and insurance post.

RICHINMJ

May 28, 2004
Visit site
Time will tell, time will tell.

Innovation and competition in the field will make us all better off.

Myself, iFind the iPhone iNtriguing. However, I am a Sprint/Palm die hard. My Palm's functionality and software library have grown with me over 10 years. I would want to place all that functionality and software into a new device.

1st Strike (transfer of 10 years of software and productivity habits)

I have 1,000 minutes, free roaming, free Powervision $20 plan, free 6pm nights, free 500 text messages, free mobile to mobile , et ecetera . . . . . . for $35 monthly, plus $6 for equipment protection equals $41.

2nd Strike (Cost of new plan at a new carrier) ($480 to $600 more a year just on data.)

I have over 300 RealPlayer songs bought since my Palm Tungsten days. Is iTunes going to replace them?

Strike 2.5

The iPhone (if performance pans out as promised) will carve out a significant market and move the market forward, as well. Will I have one soon? Probably not, but I am glad it came to market.

Cheers, Perry.

As always, a well put, not antagonistic comment to elevate the subject.

ohbw

Feb 5, 2005
Visit site
What some of you are forgetting is that Palm is not standing still, no matter how it may appear.

Marc

No offense, but I just replaced a two year old 650 with a 680 that has the same stodgy, crappy software and a much lamer battery. If that's not standing still, it's, well, ambling. Gently. On Seconal.

RICHINMJ

May 28, 2004
Visit site
Sounds reasonable, expensive but what the hell. But soon it will be time to scrape up the $600 for the iphone, $200 to get out of your current contract and increase your monthly charges to boot. Sure the iphone is cool but is it that cool.

ohbw

Feb 5, 2005
Visit site
Sounds reasonable, expensive but what the hell. But soon it will be time to scrape up the $600 for the iphone, $200 to get out of your current contract and increase your monthly charges to boot. Sure the iphone is cool but is it that cool.

Take an hour to educate yourself. Watch the scrolling contacts, the full page web browser, the Google Maps function. Watch it all. Or, for a quick earful from David Pogue, a Treo admirer, go here. Or look at what happened to Apple's stock price today.

Then you tell me. I think it's a quantum leap.

RICHINMJ

May 28, 2004
Visit site
Take an hour to educate yourself. Watch the scrolling contacts, the full page web browser, the Google Maps function. Watch it all. Or, for a quick earful from David Pogue, a Treo admirer, go here. Or look at what happened to Apple's stock price today.

I did look at the stock price. Its in my portfolio. Mostly why I was up on a down day. I really hope the thing sells, I just don't think were getting the full picture yet.

Felipe#WP

Nov 11, 1999
Visit site

i like pogue, but i wouldnt call him a treo admirer.

I'll wait for mossberg to chime in. i want to see what he feels about the KB.

copernicus

Nov 22, 2002
Visit site
......including a non-replaceable battery. Who ever heard of a cell phone without a removable battery. Jobs totally lost me there!:shake:
I too read that the battery was not removable and found it difficult to believe. It reminds me of the days when the Treos had non removable batteries and we would just watch them die slowly; it was really quite painful. I like the Apple phone a lot, but, if true, I consider this one of the most serious design flaws. With heavy internet use the battery will be dead in no time at all. :(

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2