Who is ditching their 700w/wx for this thing. I absolutely love my treo, but this thing appears to be amazing at first glance.
    01-09-2007 01:45 PM
    Got a link?
    01-09-2007 01:49 PM
    \http://www.gizmodo.com/

Looks unreal, except it's on Cingular and no 3G support. Doesn't come out till june though.
    01-09-2007 01:51 PM
    Not me. Too expensive and won't support Exchange server.
    01-09-2007 01:51 PM
    Yeah, it's probably not going to be a business phone. If they can get exchange to work on it, it would be great, well, with either 3G or on Sprint/Verizon.
    01-09-2007 01:59 PM
    I think it looks awesome and has some great functions, but have u guys seen how big it is?!! approx 6.5 by 3.5 inches is the face. Makes our treos look puny in comparison.....

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/cellphone...750-227419.php

pricing info here:

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/macworld2...une-227429.php

I think the treos should have a built in HD too.....
    01-09-2007 02:16 PM
    Not interested at all. Only Edge speeds.
    01-09-2007 02:30 PM
    01-09-2007 03:36 PM
    NOPE! I need a tool, not a toy.
    01-09-2007 03:44 PM
    I'm fascinated.
    01-09-2007 03:44 PM
    NOPE! I need a tool, not a toy.
    Spoken like a dedicated Palm employee.
    01-09-2007 03:53 PM
    Not interested.

- No keyboard/hard keys
    (remember all the 6700 complaints?)
    - No 3G
    (are you kidding?)
    - No GPS
    - Expandable memory?

:censored:

Plus, everyone's data plans compared to Sprint (in pricing and coverage) are way overpriced (I pay $10 for unlimited, many pay nothing)

Sure, it's modern. It's pretty. I'm sure the screen is nice and running OSX is smart but I honestly don't see myself responding to or writing many emails or SMS on here.

We'll have to wait for the demos more details. But no way am I paying $600 WITH a 2 Year Contract.
    01-09-2007 04:00 PM
    It's too big to put in my pocket so it would stay home. I have a widescreen laptop that blows this thing away at home.
    01-09-2007 04:04 PM
    I think it looks awesome and has some great functions, but have u guys seen how big it is?!! approx 6.5 by 3.5 inches is the face. Makes our treos look puny in comparison.....
    Actually, those specs are incorrect.

It's 4.5 x 2.4

Comparable to the Treo.
    01-09-2007 04:06 PM
    It's too big to put in my pocket so it would stay home. I have a widescreen laptop that blows this thing away at home.
    Why is it too big? It is the same size as the blackjack (maybe a tad thinner)? If you are going by the report that the dimensions are
    6.26 x 3.29 x .687 those are wrong, the actual dimensions are
    4.5 x 2.4 x .46.
    01-09-2007 04:07 PM
    hmm, ok I got the size info from this diagram. Guess it's wrong.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/cellphone...750-227419.php
    01-09-2007 04:09 PM
    I just called and they said the $600 is retail and that there will most likely be rebates in place to take that down. They also have an "indefinite exclusive" on it. When the first treos came out people complained about the pricepoint as well.
    01-09-2007 04:09 PM
    GOD! I was hoping someone else would post this so I didn't have to... at first, I couldn't control my unbridled technolust enthusiasm. But then I wiped the drool off my desk and realized that there's always going to be a "new girl" every now and then, and if she's prettier than your girl, that's one thing. But if she's a better mate, that's something else entirely.

I work on both Macs and PCs and love them both. But she looks like a little harlot, and I'm not ready to break up with my little grey girl just yet.
    01-09-2007 04:26 PM
    Twist it, and crack the screen.... seems way too fragile.
    01-09-2007 04:31 PM
    GOD! I was hoping someone else would post this so I didn't have to... at first, I couldn't control my unbridled technolust enthusiasm. But then I wiped the drool off my desk and realized that there's always going to be a "new girl" every now and then, and if she's prettier than your girl, that's one thing. But if she's a better mate, that's something else entirely.

I work on both Macs and PCs and love them both. But she looks like a little harlot, and I'm not ready to break up with my little grey girl just yet.

I think the company that makes our grey girl began thinking that they were, to quote a famous song.....'Irreplaceable' and perhaps they were for a while. That made them arrogant, they stopped listening, and have not responded to our loyalty.

When your girl gets like that you'd be a fool to stay with her....perhaps the iphone will make them straighten up & fly right.
    01-09-2007 05:32 PM
    Twist it, and crack the screen.... seems way too fragile.
    If I can break the screen on a blackberry by dropping it in its case, I hate to think how quickly I'd break this thing.

I see it as a status symbol device that some people will love to own and show off and pay handsomely for, but will use in less imaginative ways that most power users use their existing equipment.

I also see a cottage industry in iWipes to clean the iScreen on your iPhone after you got your iGreasy iFingers on it.
    01-09-2007 05:44 PM
    If 4.5 x 2.4 x .46 is really the size, then I think this phone will be great. Mac stuff always seem to work very well for the average consumer, and I bet the iPhone will be the same.
    01-09-2007 05:53 PM
    Steve said you can type faster on the new Multi-touch screen than on our "plastic little buttons". I'm not really buying into this argument tho.

I hate touching these screens during prolonged periods without a stylus. I absolutely hated touching the screen to dial when I had my 6700.

I mean eventually we will need to click on a very small button or something, our thumbs are usually too big for that.

EDGE makes it even less appealing... Its crazy right now a 3G era they choose such old technology... I'm sure a lot of people will be complaining when they wont be receiving calls because the "widgets" are actively using the internet.

It looks really slick though, and I'm sure it will be a huge hit with the average joe that loves the iPod and has a regular cellphone. The UI is easy enough for them.
    01-09-2007 05:54 PM
    Cingular really knows how to utalize there new 3-G network taking on the iphone Junker with edge download speeds-WOW
    Im sure many kids will like it for the cool factor.All that extra space for mp3 downloads fits great in there lunch box and back packs in school.
    01-09-2007 06:10 PM
    wooow..... that looks nice
    01-09-2007 06:14 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD