apple IPhone

Certs

Mar 13, 2005
www.myspace.com
I heard on my way to work today that Apple was anouncing this, but Interenet is down @ work so I couldn't see it. Initial thoughts? Wow! I know you are all critical of it, but think about what just happened:

There is now a Mac OS X MOBILE! I don't own, nor do I plan to own, a Mac, but for the mobile world as a whole this is big, BIG news. At first glance is "appears" to be more desktop-like, a technology that Microsoft is YEARS behind with.

Proximity sensor? If this is anything like the scroll wheel its going to be worth the patent.

8GB memory, BT 2.0, WIFI, and quad band GSM in a device the size of a NANO basically. How did they do that?

You turn the phone sideways and it automatically goes to landscape. Holla

I wouldn't think about this phone until a 3G version comes out (which it will, I'm sure) but the whole mobile OS market has just gotten a whole lot more interesting.

cking

Aug 27, 2002
Visit site
If this is true, no way!!! They can keep it. It's a deal breaker for a phone, maybe not a ipod, but a phone!! dumb!!!!

From the Apple web site, it quotes "up to 5 hours of talk/video/browsing, and up to 16 hours of audio playback". I'd say that beats my Treo, and I even have the Seidio high-cap battery...

Also, for those missing the shortcuts on the Today screen for Speed dial...look at pics of the iPhone, see the widgets? Look at all the empty spaces, these widgets will be to the iPhone what programs are to our Treos. Developers will have a field day with this, just like on the Mac.

In fact, I myself have never understood the usefulness of widgets on my Mac. I would imagine most people usually have a browser window open with a bunch of tabs, so you can get your data this way. But on the small-screen of a smartphone, widgets make a ton of sense...quick and easy bursts of data, optimized for one handed use...

J_Uneek

Jul 19, 2006
Visit site
The phone is awesome........ for everyone but business users. If my boss wanted me to update an excel sheet or powerpoint while I'm on the go (unless them adding Ofice apps is in the works) I'm at a loss. Do any of you create or edit office documents with your phone? I think this is a weakness being overlook.

Aside from that this baby is sweet. From the proximity sensors, scrolling functions, full browser, OS X, beautiful screen it's just mindblowing.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
i'm sure it will have word/pdf capability....spreadsheet? who knows. have i ever been able to successfully look at the office spreadsheet work i do on a Treo? fak no.

Deltaflyer

Feb 14, 2006
Visit site
From the Apple web site, it quotes "up to 5 hours of talk/video/browsing, and up to 16 hours of audio playback". I'd say that beats my Treo, and I even have the Seidio high-cap battery...

BUT, it sure is nice to have a charged spare battery for those instances when you need it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77