goodbye Treo....helloooo

ayn

Jun 13, 2005
Visit site
serious, I will even switch to the terrible terrible cingular for this one

how bad is cingular, i have friend on it that work like **** but some are really happy with it... in the perfect world I want the iPhone with Verizon and EvDO, but I might consider switching to Cing just for it... so anyway, is Cing really that bad?

mbaker911

Nov 4, 2002
www.bprojects.com
Yup, Apple just leapfrogged Palm. With the Palm OS out of development, looks like apple may become the replacement for Palm OS.

I always wondered why the Palm Lifedrive had GB of storage while the Treo's storage was measured in MB. The lifedrive with a cellular transmitter would have been a nice package to compete.

Tissa

Feb 19, 2005
Visit site
Goodbye treo..........

Low volume speaker phone.......
No attention to Mac users...........
No wi-fi...............
Huge let down!

HELLO IPHONE!!!!

Paul C

Oct 5, 2006
Visit site
Prices?

Anyone see prices yet? I hit the main cingular site, and with my zip, the phone is not even shown yet.

I am assuming it's not shipping yet?

Paul c.

ajabbari

May 25, 2006
Visit site
Depending on how this thing goes (once people actually get their hands on one) and even given the fact that I'm only paying $30 a month right now for my Sprint service w/internet included. I may be willing to deal with the ETF, switch back to Cingular, ditch my Treo, buy the iPhone, and plop down the extra $40 a month I'd have to pay for Cingular data for this (although I'm guessing that the months long backorders that will form for this product may prevent that from happening right away).

This finally looks and sounds like what I think everyone has been waiting for for a long time in a mobile device. Time will tell if the actual product winds up performing as well as it looks on paper.

#1 The Larch

Oct 5, 2005
Visit site
I never thought I'd dump the Treo, but this 700p in my pocket has been a tremendous disappointment following the 650 -- with the ONLY exception being EVDO.

From what I've read today following the iPhone announcement, I'm right back where I was drooling in anticipation of the Kyocera 7135. - which took forever to actually release following the hype. Now I hope that the promised release in June doesn't drag out any later. I WANT MY iPHONE!!!! (Goodbye PALM).

PDR447

Oct 2, 2006
Visit site
Anyone see prices yet? I hit the main cingular site, and with my zip, the phone is not even shown yet.

I am assuming it's not shipping yet?

Paul c.

no, look around and you'll see it won't e out til june(still needs FCC approval).

prices are:
4gb-499
8gb-599

WITH a two year contract.

dcpmark

Dec 18, 2003
Visit site
Runs OSX and full Safari browsing!! It is an AMAZING piece of hardware. But Cingular/AT&T with Edge?? No thanks. I'd be the first to buy it if there ever is a Verizon/EVDO version (which will be never), although I might consider switching from Verizon for an HSPDA version as well.

KabukiAssassin

Jan 30, 2005
Visit site
I agree, dcp. This is the first phone ever to make me even falter on my treo devotion, but no way will I EVER switch to Crapular for ANY phone. GSM only is the iPhone's fatal flaw. And no 3g even, only EDGE! re-tar-ded.

NextDream

Feb 17, 2005
Visit site
Finally a phone that doesn't require half a day of searching for hacks or registry tweaks. I'd drop a SERO plan & a loyalty discount for that.....(calls broker to short Sprint stock)

4dfmqag.jpg

2qsbeyp.jpg

34nmpll.jpg

2eg8kg8.jpg

4gfcuvt.jpg

2v16ah4.jpg

2v8ftpl.jpg

4cmvj3b.jpg

2z5vpc2.jpg

KabukiAssassin

Jan 30, 2005
Visit site
It looks lovely, but I imagine typing on a touch-screen keyboard would get extremely annoying after a while.

I dunno, I'm old-school, I like my buttons.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW