iPhone or Treo 750?

linoox

Aug 7, 2006
Visit site
Wifi, Bluetooth 2.0, Free Yahoo push-email, OS X, widescreen, widgets, Google Maps, razor thin (thinner than Moto Q), sensors! (cool stuff), etc ...

I wonder how the battery life is. It can't be 1200mAH Lithium-ion.

linoox

Aug 7, 2006
Visit site
Mr Jobs - "A lot of these phones have low battery life. We've managed to get 5 hours of battery of talk time, video, and browsing. 16 hours of audio playback"

5 hours seemed to be longer than Treo. How did they do that?! Lithium Polymer battery?

$499 for 4GB version of iPhone, $599 for 8GB.

Treolo

Mar 10, 2000
Visit site
This is a sad day for the Treo and a awesome day for the iPhone..!!! I'm sorry to say this but the iPhone smacks down anything else out there including the Treo..!!

Al

jhkaplan

Sep 24, 2006
Visit site
On Cingular but no 3G, no Exchange. Looks great and will be a great consumer phone, but those of us that use our Treos for personal AND business might be left out in the cold.

seaflipper

Feb 14, 2005
Visit site
On Cingular but no 3G, no Exchange. Looks great and will be a great consumer phone, but those of us that use our Treos for personal AND business might be left out in the cold.

Yep, I totally agree. It's a gorgeous phone, but it's still not a Treo. And seriously, no matter what StevieJ says, I like the tactile response of a keyboard. I will still be buying the Treo 750 ASAP. Might buy an iPhone for my wife though this summer :)

Tastypeppers

Sep 12, 2005
Visit site
Wow. This is pretty. Impractical for my corporate use (no Exchange Server sync?). But pretty.

If I were a retail user only (no corporate email/Outlook sync, etc.) I would buy this in a second and it would push me to consider moving from PCs to a Mac. I'm sure beneficent side-effects like that are the furthest thing from Steve J.'s mind. :)

So I will go from 650 to the 750. I'm on T-Mobile so I don't care about that newfangled 3G thingee all the kids are talking about these days.

But if Apple could help me get corporate email and other data from Outlook from my Exchange Server . . . .

skfny

Nov 1, 2002
Visit site
It will sell by the millions, but for my needs, the lack of a real keyboard is a dealbreaker. How are you supposed to reply to email efficiently?

If it runs the full assortment of Mac apps, however, it will do well even among the smartphone crowd.

littlewaywelt

Aug 18, 2005
Visit site
Ok, time to start the war. Should I buy the new Apple iPhone or a Treo 750? :)

I was waiting for a verizon wx to replace my W and get a WX for my wife and myself and end our verizon/bellatlantic mobile service that started in '84.

What a bummer to have to wait six months for this thing.

Dec 28, 2003
Visit site
I agree with others in the thread about the keyboard till I went to apple.com and saw the interactive blurb on the iPhone. It is slick. I just spent ten minutes going through all the features, and I'm convinced I'll switch come June.

treoneo

Aug 6, 2003
Visit site
i originally thought that no keyboard is bad as well but who knows until you actualy use it. maybe it is as innovative in function as it looks in form. there are many things we say we could never get used to until someone designs it in a way that we can. why is it no one can think like apple? especially palm. i hope palm will play catchup & quick. these treos are soooo outdated in form & function!

samirzc

Sep 25, 2003
Visit site
Appears to have exchnage support...

From Jobs' keynote:

10:18am - "It connects to any POP3 or IMAP email -- Yahoo Mail, MS Exchange, Mac Mail... POP3: Gmail, AOL mail, and most ISPs... let's highlight one, Yahoo mail. Today we are announcing Yahoo will offer free push-IMAP email to iPhone customers. This isn't just IMAP, this is push-email, same as a BlackBerry."

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2