BRACE YOURSELVES- Here it comes...

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
besides no 3g, I really think it might be a "tad" on the large size. Its actually about the size of a psp. Might look alittle foolish holding that up to your ear.

PDR447

Oct 2, 2006
Visit site
you know the biggest surprize for me is that they're calling it iPhone- linksys already has a voip phone out under that name.

vinman

Sep 22, 2004
Visit site
And the cost? $600 for a 2 year contract. Factor in the cost of a nano and a smartphone with BT2.0 AND WiFi ($400 with a two year contract for the 8525) and you're still coming out ahead with only ONE device.

I still like it.

vinman

Sep 22, 2004
Visit site

The graphic representation is scary BUT...

1168365431-thumb.jpg

Must be the hand of a giant in that photo...

meyerweb#CB

Dec 22, 2003
Visit site
Oh, boy, a touch screen keyboard. yawn.

Unless Apple really has a truly remarkable new technology, this ain't gonna do it for anyone who does a lot of typing (email use or texting). I've tried many, many touchscreens over the years, and they're all lousy for typing, with no tactile feedback it's really hard to catch typos. Any mention of 3rd party software support? Knowing Apple, I bet it's a closed system. And I don't think I could ever give up EVDO and downgrade to Edge, for the way I use my Treo.

This is a multimedia phone, not a smart phone. There's a singificant difference. Corporate buyers aren't going to buy into a productivity sapping ipod/phone combo. If you want a PDA phone, it doesn't look like it comes close to the Treo in functionality and expandability. Personally, I'd rather carry my Treo for organizing my life, and my Nano for music.

If what you want is a multimedia phone, this sounds like it MIGHT be great, if your wallet is fat. It remains to be seen how many consumers are going to buy into the price point, though. Will being "cool" entice people to pony up $500 AND a long term contract? Or will most people be satisfied with a RAZR and a Nano? I suspect the latter, but I've been wrong before. But, so has Apple.

Let's not drink the KoolAid just yet. Just because Jobs says it's great doesn't make it so. And being great doesn't automatically translate into sales. The Macintosh computer being only one example.

whatever7

Oct 24, 2004
Visit site
Wow. It's a real PDA phone. I sure didn't see it coming. I have been saying its a musci phone for a while and I got pwned! :/

However it has no HSDAP and EDVO, so it really competes with Nokia N95 more directly.

To be honest with you I really don't like how big it is. But I don't want to poo poo it right now until I find out how fast the text input is.

archie

Oct 1, 2003
Visit site
Oh, boy, a touch screen keyboard. yawn.

Unless Apple really has a truly remarkable new technology, this ain't gonna do it for anyone who does a lot of typing (email use or texting). I've tried many, many touchscreens over the years, and they're all lousy for typing, with no tactile feedback it's really hard to catch typos. Any mention of 3rd party software support? Knowing Apple, I bet it's a closed system. And I don't think I could ever give up EVDO and downgrade to Edge, for the way I use my Treo.

This is a multimedia phone, not a smart phone. There's a singificant difference. Corporate buyers aren't going to buy into a productivity sapping ipod/phone combo. If you want a PDA phone, it doesn't look like it comes close to the Treo in functionality and expandability. Personally, I'd rather carry my Treo for organizing my life, and my Nano for music.

If what you want is a multimedia phone, this sounds like it MIGHT be great, if your wallet is fat. It remains to be seen how many consumers are going to buy into the price point, though. Will being "cool" entice people to pony up $500 AND a long term contract? Or will most people be satisfied with a RAZR and a Nano? I suspect the latter, but I've been wrong before. But, so has Apple.

Let's not drink the KoolAid just yet. Just because Jobs says it's great doesn't make it so. And being great doesn't automatically translate into sales. The Macintosh computer being only one example.
You, TreoCentral user, do not know the facts.

PDR447

Oct 2, 2006
Visit site
And the cost? $600 for a 2 year contract. Factor in the cost of a nano and a smartphone with BT2.0 AND WiFi ($400 with a two year contract for the 8525) and you're still coming out ahead with only ONE device.

I still like it.

I like it too. but the tough part is that 1. I already have a cell phone/pda(treo 700) 2. I already have an ipod(2 actually)

so to ditch those and spend 500-600(with contract which means 700-800 or more without) will be tough. again, I really like(read love) the phone but I think they may have priced themselves a little too high.

mikeallen

Feb 22, 2004
Visit site
Technical Specifications
Screen size 3.5 inches
Screen resolution 320 by 480 at 160 ppi
Input method Multi-touch
Operating system OS X
Storage 4GB or 8GB
GSM Quad-band (MHz: 850, 900, 1800, 1900)
Wireless data Wi-Fi (802.11b/g) + EDGE + Bluetooth 2.0
Camera 2.0 megapixels
Battery Up to 5 hours Talk / Video / Browsing
Up to 16 hours Audio playback

Dimensions 4.5 x 2.4 x 0.46 inches / 115 x 61 x 11.6mm

Weight 4.8 ounces / 135 grams

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member