Apple iPhone?

specimen38

Sep 29, 2004
Visit site
WE NO NOTHING!

Well, that's not entirely true. There are 2 versions. One that is a like a phone and the other, which is more like a PDA or like our beloved Treo. With that said, we no very little other than the fact that Apple makes great products.

Questions?

Should Palm(One) be concerned?
What if this iPhone PDA is leaps and bounds ahead of the Treo 6xx, 7xx?
What would happen to the Treo universe?
Would you consider turning in your Treo?
;)

ktm97

Jan 9, 2005
Visit site
I would love to jump on this and leave palm behind, buuuuut I think we will have to wait and see, all the early models(ipod) had some type of problems and the current ones were more with the finish than function, but leave it to apple to make it cool. while I wait for the 680 and get more frustrated every day.

ktm97

Jan 9, 2005
Visit site
I think it will be treo like but be able to download music & movies have alot more memory and internal storage plus wifi.

ion++

Feb 17, 2005
Visit site
WE NO NOTHING!

Well, that's not entirely true. There are 2 versions. One that is a like a phone and the other, which is more like a PDA or like our beloved Treo. With that said, we no very little other than the fact that Apple makes great products.

Questions?

Should Palm(One) be concerned?
What if this iPhone PDA is leaps and bounds ahead of the Treo 6xx, 7xx?
What would happen to the Treo universe?
Would you consider turning in your Treo?
;)
Yes. Then you will buy a iPhone. Maybe Palm will get off their lazy butt. Yes, if iPhone is better for me.

I'm not too sure about that thing with 2 versions. I think that apple strives for useability/simplicity, and a phone with a keyboard might scare some people. But it makes it alot easier to control the phone, so maybe they will anyway, but having a visible keyboard might clutter the design, so it might be a slider? They might also choose to avoid the keyboard asuming that people will mostly listen to music. Who knows? we dont even know it is comming, with Apple there is always alot of rumors going arround. I read one analyser writting that there was no need for Apple to release the phone now, since there was no threatening competition. But on the other hand, if they dont innovate then they might end up like Palm did with POS.

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
if it runs pos or alp:) ill buy it. For it to download movies it would have to be 5g Networks. That's insane. Other than being cool I can't see this iPhone replacing a needed item like a treo.

mrjoec

Dec 1, 2000
www.joecieplinski.com
I think it will be treo like but be able to download music & movies have alot more memory and internal storage plus wifi.

And if it's not, will you be disappointed?

It's probably best we leave it up to Apple to tell us what to expect from any phone it might or might not decide to put out in the next year, before we start wildly speculating.

And when it comes to the "iPhone" I consider all rumors to be wild speculation, even more so than usual.

Apple doesn't have a good reason to put out a Treo-like device. They need a relatively inexpensive phone with music capability, to compete with music phones that would otherwise eat into nano sales. Nothing else on the market is a threat at the moment.

MarkY

Oct 27, 2004
Visit site
I'd love to see an iPhone with POS or ALP in a Treo-ish form factor - not that I'm even remotely expecting anything like that.

specimen38

Sep 29, 2004
Visit site
How about an iPhone with MacOSX "lite" instead of the PalmOS. Perhaps a "doc" like feature at the bottom of the iPhone screen to launch apps. An iPod like click wheel faintly stenciled into a touchscreen with supporting graphics, look and feel. :)

I'd love to see an iPhone with POS or ALP in a Treo-ish form factor - not that I'm even remotely expecting anything like that.

specimen38

Sep 29, 2004
Visit site
RUMOR: Apple iPhone specs and images leaked?

Go to link for article: http://macdailynews.com/index.php/weblog/comments/11726/

061122_iphone.gif

MarkY

Oct 27, 2004
Visit site
Those wireless earbuds don't look possible - no space for the battery or Bluetooth. The phone itself looks nice.

davidg4781

Jan 11, 2006
Visit site
I'll more than likely switch. It bites that I spent so much on apps for the 650, but, I think I'd be a lot more happy with an Apple phone. I'm really considering switching from Windows to Macs and I think that will complete the whole experience. I've never been fond of the way phones sync with Windows. Palm does it good, but, it's still lacking that total integration.

There's some more info on macrumors.com. From what they're saying, there are going to be 2 models. Theirs were just different amounts of memory, but it may be one's a basic phone, the other a PDA of some sort. I guess we'll just have to wait. I was wanting to do the switch in January, but I'll have to wait to see what all they come out with.

whatever7

Oct 24, 2004
Visit site
If it's avaiable for Sprint I might dump the 700p and get it. Even if it's as limit as the Sony music phones I might still get it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox