Did they mean 3. quater of fiscal year 2007? Anyway i think it sort of makes sense for the real smart phone to arrive in q3, because thats arround when they have their developer conference.
    I believe so. I just hope they release the first version in January. It will go a long way for me to hold out till Q3.
    12-08-2006 02:01 PM
    I must admit -- the hype of iPhone is fun. It's amazing to see how many people have gone to great lengths "photoshoping" an iPhone concept.

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/1...hone_029.1.jpg

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/1...hone_007.1.jpg

12-08-2006 09:18 PM
    I must admit -- the hype of iPhone is fun. It's amazing to see how many people have gone to great lengths "photoshoping" an iPhone concept.

Hey, none of your images loaded for me ?!
    12-09-2006 10:52 AM
    12-09-2006 07:54 PM
    Wow! Thanks for the link.

There are a lot of designs floating around out there. Do you think any of them *could* be a legitimate leak?

I especially liked these:
    http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/1...hone_006.1.jpg

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/1...iphone_013.jpg

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/1...iphone_031.jpg

Do you think it will have a full keyboard. I've become very comfortable with the full keyboard and it would be really hard to go back to a 0-9 button data entry method.
    12-10-2006 08:44 AM
    It figures...the iPhone I like best won't allow the image to load (first link)...hmmm...conspiracy?
    I downloaded it and hosted it.

This is a NICE lookin' phone. And there wouldn't be any of that "I ran out of memory" stuff with a 40-80Gig HD

12-10-2006 09:00 AM
    12-13-2006 12:21 PM
    Those are nice pics. I'm sure once it comes out. I'll have to have one........
    12-13-2006 12:49 PM
    I read that on another website this past weekend. I was sick and on medication, so I'm not sure which site I was at. That would explain a lot.

I hope it's released with iTV in at the MacExpo

Also, if it doesn't have a designated "carrier" will it be GSM? Hope so
    12-13-2006 10:01 PM
    Gizmodo Knows: iPhone Will Be Announced On Monday

File this under 'bloody unlikely but at least we'll know quite soon'.
    12-15-2006 04:30 AM
    It figures...the iPhone I like best won't allow the image to load (first link)...hmmm...conspiracy?
    I downloaded it and hosted it.

This is a NICE lookin' phone. And there wouldn't be any of that "I ran out of memory" stuff with a 40-80Gig HD

i like the mock up one with the hidden keyboard, i like itunes, but i cant go back to the apple os for the other things, if we are looking at an apple smart phone.
    12-15-2006 12:16 PM
    Gizmodo Knows: iPhone Will Be Announced On Monday

File this under 'bloody unlikely but at least we'll know quite soon'.
    I remember reading many months ago someone speculating that Jobs would announce the iPhone before Christmas to encourage shoppers to hold off on their cellphone purchases for a couple months 'til the iPhone is released.

So to me, it sounds credible.
    12-15-2006 05:30 PM
    Seems hard to believe that an iPhone announcement is coming Monday December 18th.

http://www.everythingiphone.com/forum/iphone/
    12-15-2006 07:46 PM
    Seems hard to believe that an iPhone announcement is coming Monday December 18th.

http://www.everythingiphone.com/forum/iphone/
    It's very hard to believe...if Steve wanted to REALLY cut into phone sales this holiday season, why not release earlier? Or at least put the tease out and allow everyone to start placing order in early 2007?

Still, I'll keep my fingers crossed. I've been weak and visited the Cingular store at the mall this past weekend.
    12-15-2006 09:07 PM
    It's very hard to believe...if Steve wanted to REALLY cut into phone sales this holiday season, why not release earlier? Or at least put the tease out and allow everyone to start placing order in early 2007?

Still, I'll keep my fingers crossed. I've been weak and visited the Cingular store at the mall this past weekend.
    Releasing the iPhone today did not make any sense. Admittedly though, I couldn't figure out what was going to be "punch line" of the hoax posted on Gizmodo. So we now know LinkSys/Cisco owns the name iPhone and they've released a new device today.
    12-18-2006 01:12 PM
    Releasing the iPhone today did not make any sense. Admittedly though, I couldn't figure out what was going to be "punch line" of the hoax posted on Gizmodo. So we now know LinkSys/Cisco owns the name iPhone and they've released a new device today.
    Any idea on Apple's name for their phone?

Apple Phone ?
    iPod Cell :o
    Call Pod
    12-18-2006 05:23 PM
    I think it's hilarious how the whole media (and everyone else, in-turn)erupts with amazement and disappointment that Apple won't be introducing a product named the iPhone.

|
    |
    |
    |/

Mobile Me
    12-18-2006 08:19 PM
    Even money says Apple keeps the name simple: Apple Phone

Otherwise consider the following "i" monikers such as:

iCommunicator
    iTeleF
    iSpeak
    iTalk
    iPod-Phone
    12-18-2006 08:30 PM
    iCall
    iComm
    iCell
    12-18-2006 11:08 PM
    isnt it called the rokr
    12-18-2006 11:10 PM
    Remember, the unit will be more than a phone (hopefully). It should merge the ipod/ pda/ and phone. Thus, "iphone" would not do justice.

Therefore, here are my thoughts for names:

ipod mobile (why not keep it in the same family name?)
    igo (though I think the name is already taken)
    ithink
    ipad
    isight
    12-19-2006 01:32 AM
    I have a prediction. As I was thinking today, it occurred to me that the new iPhone/iPod is going to be a wireless connecting appliance that is integrated with iTV, AirPort, and Macintosh Computers. There is a strong possibility that you might be able to access your "iTunes" library remotely and download songs to your iPod/Connect device. Perhaps it will even behave as a RF or infrared remote for iTV. So I thought a befitting name for the formerly named iPhone would be "iPod-Connect."

iPod-Connect would have the following capabilities -- WiFi, cell phone svcs, Bluetooth, broadband UMTS, Infra-Red or RF, streaming video playback to iTV, etc.)
    12-26-2006 06:48 PM
    Why does everything have to integrate with everything Apple offers? Why can't it just be a phone, designed by Apple, that has such a great UI and syncs 1stly with iCal and Address Book and uses Mail to access your email? That's all I want, something to keep carry my calendar and address book around with in a nice looking phone. I'm tired of my Treo. It's big and bulky and annoying, but I love it too much to get rid of it for something lower.
    12-26-2006 08:36 PM
    iPod Pro and iPod Go. I'll take the pro ...And I think I'll go with the white one ..
    12-26-2006 09:04 PM
    I have a prediction. As I was thinking today, it occurred to me that the new iPhone/iPod is going to be a wireless connecting appliance that is integrated with iTV, AirPort, and Macintosh Computers. There is a strong possibility that you might be able to access your "iTunes" library remotely and download songs to your iPod/Connect device. Perhaps it will even behave as a RF or infrared remote for iTV. So I thought a befitting name for the formerly named iPhone would be "iPod-Connect."

iPod-Connect would have the following capabilities -- WiFi, cell phone svcs, Bluetooth, broadband UMTS, Infra-Red or RF, streaming video playback to iTV, etc.)
    Keyboard or no keyboard? Either way, very interesting...
    12-26-2006 09:59 PM
95 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD