Problem Activating iPhone 3GS (A1303)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I have an old iPhone 3GS that I am trying to setup as an iPod for one of my grandkids. The problem that I am having is that I cannot get the phone past the activation screen. I?ve tried restoring and even tried DFU mode, but cannot get the phone to activate. I have an old SIM that it won?t recognize, even though that same SIM is recognized in an old BlackBerry device.

The iPhone may have been jailbroken and even unlocked at one point prior to me getting it from my son-in-law. Not sure if that somehow is involved in the problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
if there's an ipsw file for it on your computer, locate and move it to the trash bin. Afterwards, put your 3GS back in DFU mode and try again. Hopefully, it'll complete the the activation after installing a fresh copy of iOS.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My Problem Activating iPhone 3GS (A1303)

Activating the phone via Apple or registering your phone with a carrier? If it's the former, make sure you have an internet connection and keep trying. Restore your device, if you have to or rest the network settings. If it's the latter, make sure you have a valid SIM card installed and/or notify your witless carrier to see if they can troubleshoot from their end v

chitchi1983

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
bonjour, je suis camerounais et je n'arrive pas ? activ? mon iPhone 3GS soit par wifi, soit par iTunes.
s'il vous plait comment faire? De plus il ne reconnait pas lus puce des op?rateurs de mon pays

merci

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2