iPhone 3GS 16GB not working.

MissJ2013

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I finished my 2 year contract on vodafone and vodafone unlocked it so that i could use any network which i use O2 giffgaff. Following this the screen broke but the phone still worked and i continued to use it fine. A friend gave me an iphone 3G 8GB so i decided to use the complete screen on my 3GS 16GB. I followed on you tube how to remove the old screen and place the new screen and i did everything as it said, but the phone will not switch on now and it is fully charged.

Any advise would be appreciated thank you.

Godsadvoc8

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi MJ,

Silly question, but how do you know that you have power, do you hear or see something ?
Additionally, are you getting a good click when you depress the power button.
As a caveat, the builds on the 2 models may have subtle differences, which may explain why the phones behave so badly if you don't replace everything in exactly the right place and position.

I am not sure as I have a 32g 3gs, but recent experience tells me that you can bet the similar exteriors hide intentional, subtle interior build differences.
My advice is to try an 'exact' match if you can, as that gives you the best chance of troubleshooting in a 'methodical' way, so you don't have to back track which will mean you have to continue re-opening the top screen which will may cause you to damage yet another connector.

Good luck, and hope this helped.
GA

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner