Hi,

I've found an old iPhone 3GS in perfect condition, but the only issue is that the phone is stuck in recovery mode. I've tried restoring it in iTunes, but I keep getting thrown an unknown error (-1).

In order to get out of recovery, I'd need to restore. But I cannot restore because I get thrown an error. I really want to sell this phone...

Is there any way I can fix this?
    07-11-2013 12:30 PM
    Hi,

I've found an old iPhone 3GS in perfect condition, but the only issue is that the phone is stuck in recovery mode. I've tried restoring it in iTunes, but I keep getting thrown an unknown error (-1).

In order to get out of recovery, I'd need to restore. But I cannot restore because I get thrown an error. I really want to sell this phone...

Is there any way I can fix this?
    Found? as in a lost device? It's more than likely already been reported lost, so therefore apple has locked down the ID
    07-11-2013 02:09 PM
    Found? as in a lost device? It's more than likely already been reported lost, so therefore apple has locked down the ID
    Found as in I found it in my house. It was probably my stepdad's old phone before he upgraded.
    07-11-2013 02:42 PM
    find a older .ips backup file and manually load the device than
    07-11-2013 02:51 PM
    I think a error 1 is hardware related but I could be wrong .. You could sell it as is just be honest in what you know about it

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !
    07-11-2013 03:35 PM
    I think a error 1 is hardware related but I could be wrong .. You could sell it as is just be honest in what you know about it

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !
    I'll just do that. It's probably better anyway to just get rid of it. Somebody else can fix it and do whatever they want with it.

How much do you think I could get for it? It's in perfect working condition besides this issue from what I can tell. No scratches on the screen, no cracks, no problems with the casing, etc.
    07-11-2013 04:43 PM