Will Apple Store still repair iPhone 3GS?

vp710

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

I've been given a broken iPhone 3GS and was wondering what my options would be when I bring it to the Apple Store. Will they replace it for a fee for a refurbished 3GS? Do they even still have those in stock? Thanks in advance!

SmartFah

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Unless it's still in warranty (either Apple's standard 1yr, or the 2 years with Apple Care +) you're probably not gonna get a free replacement. Just get the serial #, and you can check the warranty status here: https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

If it's out of warranty, they will probably fix it for a fee. I went to the Apple store recently to get my moms iPhone 4 fixed. She doesn't have Apple care+, and the 1 yr warranty ends next month. I asked the genius what would happen after the 1 yr warranty is over. He told me if it broke after the warranty, they would fix or replace it, she would just have to pay $150.

vp710

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Why don't you just call the store and ask?

Duh! Yeah that makes sense! I just wanted to check before I went there / called.

Unless it's still in warranty (either Apple's standard 1yr, or the 2 years with Apple Care +) you're probably not gonna get a free replacement. Just get the serial #, and you can check the warranty status here: https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

If it's out of warranty, they will probably fix it for a fee. I went to the Apple store recently to get my moms iPhone 4 fixed. She doesn't have Apple care+, and the 1 yr warranty ends next month. I asked the genius what would happen after the 1 yr warranty is over. He told me if it broke after the warranty, they would fix or replace it, she would just have to pay $150.

I don't mind paying a fee as I got the phone for free, the only thing I was worried about is whether they would do anything considering it's a 3GS and they may not have them in stock anymore. (I read somewhere they may not even have iPhone 4 in stock).

Tristanlg

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Or they will replace it for a fee of ?120, they did it on my 3GS, but if its not a 32gb iPhone then it's not worth doing it,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

bustermin

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
My sons 3GS just died and we took it into apple. They said it is out of warranty and they will replace the device for $150. They used to let you upgrade to another device if they did not have your device in stock but now they will order your device and you have to wait for it to come in which takes like 2 days. Also keep in mind that the replacement device will not have a warranty so if you need one be sure to ask for it.

vp710

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
My sons 3GS just died and we took it into apple. They said it is out of warranty and they will replace the device for $150. They used to let you upgrade to another device if they did not have your device in stock but now they will order your device and you have to wait for it to come in which takes like 2 days. Also keep in mind that the replacement device will not have a warranty so if you need one be sure to ask for it.

Cool, nice to hear! Thanks a lot for the help!

danimal1968

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site

I did that for my stepdaughter in December. What I was told then was the new device has a 90 day warranty on it.

gifted_jow

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
No they don't. I don't think they repair the 3GS any more.
Hey guys,

I've been given a broken iPhone 3GS and was wondering what my options would be when I bring it to the Apple Store. Will they replace it for a fee for a refurbished 3GS? Do they even still have those in stock? Thanks in advance!

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
No they don't. I don't think they repair the 3GS any more.

Good lord man, do u know what ur talking about before u give someone advice or do just like throwing random things out? And FYI, they WILL repair ur 3GS, not for free but they will repair it.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
The Apple store near where I live will repair any phone.... For a fee if not in warranty. Of course a new phone comes in a shiny new box with a brand new warranty.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Here is further information regarding products in which Apple has stopped service on. The original iPhone will enter this next tuesday, so it's safe to say your 3GS still has quite some time before it becomes "Vintage" in their eyes, and hardware service support stops on it. Check out this link if you want the full out explanation...

Vintage and obsolete products

...people should keep an eye on their list of products that fall under this new category because it will mean that the products will no longer be serviceable in the retail stores, and that parts will essentially only be available by special order from Apple (for California residents ONLY) or by 3rd parties. Starting June 11th, these products will no longer be serviceable through Apple retail stores...

screen-shot-2013-04-29-at-7-17-58-pm.jpg

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

3Gs are pretty simple to fix your self if its out of warranty anyways go to Ifixit.com and look it up I have done plenty buy a new screen or digitizer or both or whatever you need for cheap on amazon or eBay and fix it in 20 min or less

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
3Gs are pretty simple to fix your self if its out of warranty anyways go to Ifixit.com and look it up I have done plenty buy a new screen or digitizer or both or whatever you need for cheap on amazon or eBay and fix it in 20 min or less

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

exactly what I was going to say. Get your parts from eTech parts and in less than 10 minutes you can replace the screen. Easy as pie on the 3g/3gs

jorda5567

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
why thank you for the link to check i think theirs a a computer glitch for apple because i have iPhone 2 g and it ids covered for repairs until 2020

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR