IPhone 3GS Vibrate Issue

bustermin

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
My son has an iPhone 3GS and he told me tonight that for a while it has been randomly vibrating. When it happens there is an icon on the screen like you are adjusting the volume up or down. Nothing seems to make it happen it just does it randomly. It will be short vibrations lasting less that a second but there are several of them and it just comes and goes. I just did a restore and it did not seem to help. Is it safe to assume this is a hardware issue?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I have seen it with water damage .. Could be a button going out 3GS repairs are pretty simple if you want to attempt or find a local shop

Brought to you from my iPad 4 LTE routed and bouncing across the globe on multiple servers from Tapatalk !

Alik Malix

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I think it's the physical button itself that's loosened.

Try pushing the silent/vibrate switch harder to one side, mine got loose recently so it does randomly vibrate when it slightly moves. I usually "shove" it into desired setting (sound ON or Vibrate) instead of just switch it like you used to.

Also there are many little shops in my town (try Craigslist) that would repair that cheap. They got a plethora of parts for these now.

Good Luck

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2