iMessage works on iPad and Mac, but not on my iPhone?

TFausett

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded my 3GS and iPad to iOS 6. Now since I have done that my iPhone has quit working properly. iMessage doesn't work at all even though it says everything is activated, it also quit recieving pretty much any type of notifications that have to do with any apps besides native ones. For example if somebody contacts me on my Twitter account the notification will show up on my iPad but not on my iPhone. On the iPad everything works just fine after the update no problems. I have been frudstrated with this for a long time and so far I have looked on different sites and on Apples support pages with no help on this issue so please don't put up any apple support links. If Anybody out there has had this problem or knows how to fix it please let me know any help or knowleadge will be greatly appriciated. Also the iPhone is unlocked on T-Mobile if anybody thinks that also could be an issue, but i have tried turning of all the celluar connections and just using WiFi and that still didn't help.

TFausett

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Still no luck. It gets to about half way of sending it than quits. When I turn on iMessage I even get a little notification on my Mac and iPad, but if I turn on iMessage on my Mac or iPad I will get a notification for them on either or but not my iPhone. Any more ideas maybe? Thanks for the help.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Still no luck. It gets to about half way of sending it than quits. When I turn on iMessage I even get a little notification on my Mac and iPad, but if I turn on iMessage on my Mac or iPad I will get a notification for them on either or but not my iPhone. Any more ideas maybe? Thanks for the help.

Is your iPhone number listed along with the Apple ID in the messages settings on all of your Apple devices? If not, whichever device it is, logout of iMessage, reboot that device and then log back in. You should get an alert on your other devices acknowledging that the phone number will now be among the list.

TFausett

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Is your iPhone number listed along with the Apple ID in the messages settings on all of your Apple devices? If not, whichever device it is, logout of iMessage, reboot that device and then log back in. You should get an alert on your other devices acknowledging that the phone number will now be among the list.

Yes it's listed on both my Mac and iPad. I will try rebooting them and logging back in and see if that helps. I think I need to go talk to somebody at the Apple store because I don't get any of my notifications on my iPhone either. Thanks

TFausett

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes it's listed on both my Mac and iPad. I will try rebooting them and logging back in and see if that helps. I think I need to go talk to somebody at the Apple store because I don't get any of my notifications on my iPhone either. Thanks

Before you do that, connect your iPhone to your computer and create a backup. Also, backup your photos to your computer or cloud storage of some sort. Afterwards, reset your device as new. Once you've reached your home screen, login to iMessages and have someone send you a test message. If it works, great! You could either restore from your previous backup or continue to reinstall of your apps from the purchased section of the App Store and rearrange your home screens again. If your iPhone is still not alerting you when a message arrives then yeah, take it to a nearby Apple Store and have them check it out.

TFausett

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Before you do that, connect your iPhone to your computer and create a backup. Also, backup your photos to your computer or cloud storage of some sort. Afterwards, reset your device as new. Once you've reached your home screen, login to iMessages and have someone send you a test message. If it works, great! You could either restore from your previous backup or continue to reinstall of your apps from the purchased section of the App Store and rearrange your home screens again. If your iPhone is still not alerting you when a message arrives then yeah, take it to a nearby Apple Store and have them check it out.

Will do I'll let you know if it works.

TFausett

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site

Well I reset my iPhone and started it as new, so far so good. Logged into iMessage and it worked right away. I am re-downloading all of my apps right now and I am not going to restore it from a back up just in case. Thank you so much I appreciate all the help. I love the iMore community always so helpful.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well I reset my iPhone and started it as new, so far so good. Logged into iMessage and it worked right away. I am re-downloading all of my apps right now and I am not going to restore it from a back up just in case. Thank you so much I appreciate all the help. I love the iMore community always so helpful.

You're very welcome and I'm glad I was able to help. Take care, my friend, and enjoy the rest if your day...:D

JasonBen-DataKit

Jun 6, 2018
Visit site
I think you just don't get the trick. you have to login your apple account and enable imessages in message settings. you can view imessage history easiliy if you have enabled imessage on your iphone.
I upgraded my 3GS and iPad to iOS 6. Now since I have done that my iPhone has quit working properly. iMessage doesn't work at all even though it says everything is activated, it also quit recieving pretty much any type of notifications that have to do with any apps besides native ones. For example if somebody contacts me on my Twitter account the notification will show up on my iPad but not on my iPhone. On the iPad everything works just fine after the update no problems. I have been frudstrated with this for a long time and so far I have looked on different sites and on Apples support pages with no help on this issue so please don't put up any apple support links. If Anybody out there has had this problem or knows how to fix it please let me know any help or knowleadge will be greatly appriciated. Also the iPhone is unlocked on T-Mobile if anybody thinks that also could be an issue, but i have tried turning of all the celluar connections and just using WiFi and that still didn't help.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR