Stuck in Recovery Mode - Error 11

Parry

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I have a 3GS Factory Unlocked running on iOS 4.1.

I went for 5.1 update for the device but it stopped with the following error message:

The iPhone could not be updated. An unknown error occured (11).

On clicking more information tab in the error message was directed to the following page:

iOS: Resolving update and restore alert messages

I had updated my iTunes to 10.6 prior to connecting the device. Now getting the following message on connecting to iTunes;

iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes.

Pls assist.

Parry

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks reahn for your reply. I was able to get out of the Recovery Mode using tinyumbrella. :)

But on trying to update again [Shift+Update], it got stuck with the same error code.

What could be the reason for the same & resolution for this unknown error (11)???

Parry

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
No, after the 'Exit Recovery' from tinyumbrella it rebooted to normal.

But am unable to update the device to 5.1, getting unknown error (11) again. I am doing Shift+Update, as have already downloaded the ipsw.

Parry

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
restore. the update to 5.1 will erase all data anyway. so just restore and it will update you automatically

Disabled antivirus, used another USB port & tried doing a restore [shift+restore] but still no luck; got the same message.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice