Purchasing an iPhone 3GS in 2012

-SB-

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I am new to the forums.

Well I have a 64GB Wifi iPad 2, and the plan was to buy a 4S to compliment it. But now thanks to financial problems it ain't happening. I am being made to look at alternatives - way below the 4S price point of ?499.

So while Android doesn't appeal, webOS is dead, Windows Phone is... Microsoft ..

I've been offered a BlackBerry, and I don't want one to be honest. Nothing but bad reviews.

Currently using the painfully slow iPhone 3G 8GB on iOS 4, I was planing on purchasing an 8GB 33GS new from Apple at ?310.

It's the best iOS phone I can afford and it's that or something 'out of the Eco system' which I am trying to avoid.

What do you guys think?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Would I be better off going to BlackBerry and a PlayBook?

No because you've already stated that you didn't want Blackberry. Your mind appears to be set on Apple devices so why risk purchasing something else just to possibly turn around and hate your decision? I recommend trying to purchase a refurbished late model iPhone like the 4 or 4S especially if you can find one around the price you were willing to pay for the Blackberry or a new one via eBay or Craigs List, etcetera.

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPad 2)

-SB-

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Good point. It's just, the 33GS seems to be a bad choice and I can't afford the other, so I thought for the ?300 the Blackberry pair would cost I'd be in that Eco system.

But I'll search eBay.

friskies64

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
The 3GS is still a good phone. I just bought one a week ago despite it being an old phone, but it is still plenty fast enough, even on iOS 5. It lags occasionally, but pretty rarely. I can play some games like Temple Run and Mega Jump just fine on it. If you are set on an iPhone and can find a cheap 3GS, I'd recommend it.

Eddiesmama

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
The 3GS is still a good phone. I just bought one a week ago despite it being an old phone, but it is still plenty fast enough, even on iOS 5. It lags occasionally, but pretty rarely. I can play some games like Temple Run and Mega Jump just fine on it. If you are set on an iPhone and can find a cheap 3GS, I'd recommend it.

Can you download apps with the iPhone 3GS?

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Of course you can. :) Other than the screen resolution I really didn't notice that much difference between my 3GS and the 4S when I upgraded. You should be able to get a used 3GS fairly cheap.

I'm just wondering if you're financially strapped, do you really need a smartphone? Most of the cost is in the plan, not the hardware.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW