3GS won't power on unless plugged in???

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
Weeks ago I got my phone wet (by raindrops) and it didn't seem to be acting weird. I did the rice in a bag thing while phone was powered off and all seemed well...until weeks later. Now (mainly starting yesterday) it won't even power on unless plugged in to the PC or wall outlet. :confused:

I don't know if the crashing is because of the water "damage" or from me upgrading to iOS 4.3.5. Most of my issues began after updating to 4.3.5. My phone randomly shuts off during the day. It crashes upon opening numerous apps (that have been updated for 4.3.5). If the battery gets near 50% it will just shut off the phone and won't power back on unless you plug it in. Today the battery went from 100% at 8am to 22% by 8:30am (and all I did was check-in to Foursquare!). I am truly at a loss.

I should never have updated from my JB 4.3.2. Any thoughts on why this might be happening? I would pray a phone would last more than 2 years, but it seems that iPhone 5 can't come soon enough.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
It is hard to say whether your issue was caused by the water damage or not, although I suspect that it is. You can still have issues from water damage later on even though they aren't visible when the phone boots back up. I would take it into Apple and see what they have to say. Apple has been known to swap a phone out for free as long as it is your first time.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2