iPhone 3GS help

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I have a 3GS that is not under warranty I use it as a iPod touch just the other night all of a sudden the power button on top and the vib switch don't work at all the phone was not dropped or anything and it has been in a otterbox case for months. I have managed to get the top power button to work sometimes if I hold the top of the phone on the front and press while u press the button .. the vib switch I can not get to work although It does work when I turn it on in settings .. So any idea what the issue is it has not gotten wet either .. I have replaced digitizers and LCD screens in the past so I do know how to do the work just curious how hard it is to find out the issue and fix it ?
Thanks

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It's easy to replace the physical buttons themselves, but i doubt they are the actual issue...it sounds like you got a deeper issue with the iPhone itself, but reflecting the fact you said it hasn't had any water or physical damage, god knows what it could be...it could just have been it's time to go.

My friend brought his old iPhone 3G to Apple a few weeks back because the home button stopped working completely as did the top portion of the touch screen...they had stock of refurbished 3G's, and replaced it at no cost for him (it was YEARS out of warranty). I'd personally let them take a look at it, you never know what they're willing to do for free...you might end up with a brand new 3GS just for your trouble.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I got a appointment Sunday so we will see although the replaced my iPhone 4 no question last night :) home button stopped working sometimes they said could be dust under it .. How bout we give you a new one ! Literally painless I'm impressed lol

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I've always had a good experience with the genius bar with an appointment...i had a few trips up there with fantastic results with my first macbook (that i still have) because of the cracking plastic around the magnets and a broken battery lock...all out of warranty but never spent a dime.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Got a appt in the am so we will see I'm hoping so it is out of warranty but it's only little over a year old I mean I've JB n unlocked and repaired more 3G still kicking around lol I even dealt with a 2g the other day lol bottom portion of back metal housing was gone the rest dented other that wifi not working lol wifi chip exposed n prob damaged lol but it still worked perfect lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice