volume control problem

Arpan

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
hi..
I have just upgraded my iphone 3gs from ios 4.0.1 to 4.3.1.Everything works fine but i cannot control volume of message tone although i can control volume of incoming call tones.Even in silent mode message tone rings at full volume.
I need to fix it as i am collegian and i need to keep my phone silent.
Thanks for any help in advance...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
They just said that in silent mode it still did text tone at full volume...so apparently something is off in the software department here.

I would try a full restore and see if that fixes the issue, i remember that the 3GS was temperamental at times when it came to volume control (especially when trying to adjust both the general volume and ringer volume at the same time)...there are several write ups of different things people did that worked in some cases and did nothing in some cases...go on google and just put "3GS volume issues" and see if any of the suggested "fixes" work for you, there's so many of them, copying them to this thread would be overwhelming, and many of them are not sure fire...

If the issue continues after a restore and trying a few of the user suggested remedies, make an appointment with the Apple store and let them take a look, many times they'll fix the issue FOR you for no cost, and sometimes even replace a faulty iPhone (even out of warranty) due to issues like this, to which you have very little control over.

itsalexaye

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I would try restoring it again, or restoring to 4.3.3 since that is now the latest version. Sometimes if you restore again it will fix it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2