How can you the difference between an iphone 3g and an iphone 3gs?

Saudroxih

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I bought a screen for the iphone 3gs then i realized i have the iphone 3g. Some of the reviews said that they recieved an iphone 3g screen and some said they recieved an iphone 3gs screen. Do you know how to tell the difference? and will an iphone 3gs fit on an iphone 3g.

ed116

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
yah should fit, i think the material on 3gs screen was better than 3G the way that it handles fingerprints and stuff same masses so it should work

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
You might want to do a bit of research on the web first. I'd be very wary about interchanging parts between the two models. I know if you put a 3G screen in 3GS it won't work, not sure about the other way around.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS screens are NOT interchangeable. The connectors are DIFFERENT for both the LCD screen and the digitizer.

I second that don't try it you will cause permeant damage and fry the LCD and the board they are 2 different lcds although the repair process is the same .

andrewsmith

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
also heard if you accidentally or intentionally put a 3G screen on a 3GS phone it won't light up. you'll have to stand under a light or out in the sun to read the screen.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I've also heard that if you install the 3GS screen on the 3G, a strange form of provolone cheese is produced and expelled out of the dock connector on the bottom of the phone, but when left to age for a few weeks, turns out to be rather tasty...

andrewsmith

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I've also heard that if you install the 3GS screen on the 3G, a strange form of provolone cheese is produced and expelled out of the dock connector on the bottom of the phone, but when left to age for a few weeks, turns out to be rather tasty...

^^^^^I also heard this, thought it was a little farfetched, but...obviously it's true.

Eloise

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
iPhone 3GS will have a faster processor and probably more RAM. So apps launch quicker and web pages load quicker. Actually 3x faster than web pages on the iPhone 3G running 3.0 and 8.4x faster than an iPhone 3G running 2.2.1.

Lee10

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Difference between an iphone 3g and an iphone 3gs.

Ohh Yes, iPhone 3GS will have a faster processor and probably more RAM is compare to 3G. So apps launch quicker and web pages load quicker. 3Gs having a little bit latest features.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Difference between iPhone 3G and iphone 3GS :

The features that we think might particularly tempt us to part with our hard-earned cash are the improved camera and video-recording capability. The 3G S takes much better close-up photos than its predecessor, and it has autofocus that you can control with the touch of a finger. The video recording is also gorgeously implemented, with a groovy editor and YouTube uploading built in.

The faster speed of the 3G S is great, living up to Apple's promise that it loads Web pages around twice as fast. But the 3G is already so good that we can't call the increased speed a deal-breaker.

Even the battery life, which is the Achilles heel, ankle and elbow of the power-hungry iPhone, isn't that much improved. Talk time on a 3G network is the same, at 5 hours, while 2G talk time goes up from 10 hours to 12 hours -- not that ground-breaking. Standby time remains the same at 300 hours, and you'll get an extra 3 hours of surfing on Wi-Fi, and 6 hours of audio playback.

That stuff is all fine and dandy, and does provide an edge to the 3GS over the 3G...but the meat and potatoes of the 3GS is its processing power over the 3G, it's simply a night and day difference, and the one that should be the deal breaker for potential 3G buyers...that and the fact that the 3G is no longer an actively supported phone from Apple as far as feature additions go.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
iphone3gs is slighlty better than iphone 3g but iphone 3g will get the software update for free. the only hardware features u will lack is: a digital compass, 1mpx more on ur camera, and maybe a slightly better battery and/or processor.
is it worth to sell ur iphone 4 the new 1? that depends on how much u want the v slight improvements in hardware. if u just bought ur iphone u mite be able to return it for a refund. otherwise u wud hv to pay over 199 for iphone 3gs cos u hvnt kept ur contract for 2yrs. personally i wud keep the iphone i hv cos they r gna release a newer 1 a yr after and it will be the same story over again. however apple might not allow the current iphones to record video or bluetooth connect or watever cos they might give a lame excuse like it wud drain battery life 2 quickly, there might be too much lag...

By that statement, i can tell you have really never compared the phones legitimately against each other, because the word "slightly" seems to be your point there, and couldn't be more inaccurate. The difference between the 3GS and the 3G is like the difference between the '11 Macbook Pro and an old iBook; substantial, prevalent and obvious.

Also, the second part of your post literally gave me a migraine, is it really that difficult to put the extra letter in a word to fully spell it out? My god man...lol.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit