i had my iphone screen replaced...
    i watched as it was being fixed
    when the phone was back together touch screen was backwards!
    but had a backlight at this time!! i left shop, on my return everything worked fine but My iphone 3g's backlight wont work.
    Meaning that the screen is completely dark unless you put the screen in direct light. screen brightens up on started up apple logo shows for half a sec and if i double tap sleep button fast the screen lights up for a split sec does this mean anything? i tried turning the iPhone off (hold sleep until 'power off' red bar shows) and then restart it,and also doing this when its on charge
    i have read that if a lcd from a 3g will make this happen! does this mean they replaced it with a different lcd? also i read about the light coil but was meanly being replace for same the fault due to water damage please help
    01-23-2011 03:45 AM
    Who replaced the screen? If it was a repair shop...take it back and have them fix the problem.

I really never understand when people post these desperate HELP! questions after having their phones repaired in this nature, why their first instinct isn't taking the phone back to the place it fixed it so they can properly fix it...i mean i'd be back in their shop within the same day this happened if possible.
    01-23-2011 08:18 AM
    at ther moment i dnt have any intensions going back,but any idea if the info i talked about means anything or whats best to do? is this common thing?
    is it best to take it to apple?
    01-23-2011 01:24 PM
    The info you talked about means someone did a **** poor job putting your new screen on, lol. Take it back to the place that replaced the screen! Why on earth is this not an option? And better yet, why haven't you brought it back already?

If you bring it to Apple, they will charge you retail repair cost to replace the screen again...your issue is NOT a common thing if it was repaired properly, so your BEST BET is to bring it back to the store that repaired it.

Now if we are looking at a case were either yourself or one of your buddies decided to be mr. fix it and hacked up a repair job, and you don't have the know how to repair it properly...then yes, bring it to Apple or find a licensed repair shop near you that will warranty their work...
    01-23-2011 05:28 PM
    I had this problem on my 3GS. Apple put a new screen on and it still didnt fix it. They said the connector must have been bad or something like that. Apple gave me a new one. I hope you had this done at Apple as they warranty their work for 90 days unless you have warrnty left that is longer than that.
    01-28-2011 05:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD