iPhone 3GS Invincible Smudges?

ninjamattic

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
I just got my iPhone 3GS from AT&T, and after a week of use I've noticed something a little odd. When I go to wipe my screen, it cleans easily in the center, but the smudges have to be rubbed really hard to get off in a rectangular pattern radiating out from the center of the screen. It's almost like when I pulled the factory screen protector off of it out of box, it removed a part of the anti-smudge coat from the screen. The rectangular pattern has smaller circles in it that easily clean, where I can recall there were bubbles in the screen protector. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a way to get it to clean evenly? If I breathe on the screen (like you would to fog a window) the pattern immediately appears in a clean screen, almost like it has a different texture than the rest of it. It's pretty annoying to see a pattern on my screen every time I pull it out of my pocket.

Thanks!

buci1er

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
my iphone 4 is like that... i've been meaning to go and have it replaced but the apple store is about an hour away.

ninjamattic

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
It was a gift that was bought through the AT&T website, and since it didn't come in an the AT&T refurb box I'm pretty sure I can't take it back to a store. Is that something the Genius Bar would be willing to replace my screen for? It's not noticeable in dim light, but as soon as I go outside, it actually can get in the way, not to mention annoy the fire out of me. :mad::mad::mad:

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
It was a gift that was bought through the AT&T website, and since it didn't come in an the AT&T refurb box I'm pretty sure I can't take it back to a store. Is that something the Genius Bar would be willing to replace my screen for? It's not noticeable in dim light, but as soon as I go outside, it actually can get in the way, not to mention annoy the fire out of me. :mad::mad::mad:

Since it's within the 30 day period, I'm sure you could go to an AT&T store and they'll swap it out no problem... if by chance that doesn't happen, I'd just go to Apple

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner