I just got my iPhone 3GS from AT&T, and after a week of use I've noticed something a little odd. When I go to wipe my screen, it cleans easily in the center, but the smudges have to be rubbed really hard to get off in a rectangular pattern radiating out from the center of the screen. It's almost like when I pulled the factory screen protector off of it out of box, it removed a part of the anti-smudge coat from the screen. The rectangular pattern has smaller circles in it that easily clean, where I can recall there were bubbles in the screen protector. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a way to get it to clean evenly? If I breathe on the screen (like you would to fog a window) the pattern immediately appears in a clean screen, almost like it has a different texture than the rest of it. It's pretty annoying to see a pattern on my screen every time I pull it out of my pocket.

Thanks!
    12-17-2010 03:43 PM
    Id take the phone back and swap it out for a new one.
    12-17-2010 04:46 PM
    my iphone 4 is like that... i've been meaning to go and have it replaced but the apple store is about an hour away.
    12-17-2010 05:05 PM
    It was a gift that was bought through the AT&T website, and since it didn't come in an the AT&T refurb box I'm pretty sure I can't take it back to a store. Is that something the Genius Bar would be willing to replace my screen for? It's not noticeable in dim light, but as soon as I go outside, it actually can get in the way, not to mention annoy the fire out of me.
    12-17-2010 07:30 PM
    It was a gift that was bought through the AT&T website, and since it didn't come in an the AT&T refurb box I'm pretty sure I can't take it back to a store. Is that something the Genius Bar would be willing to replace my screen for? It's not noticeable in dim light, but as soon as I go outside, it actually can get in the way, not to mention annoy the fire out of me.

Since it's within the 30 day period, I'm sure you could go to an AT&T store and they'll swap it out no problem... if by chance that doesn't happen, I'd just go to Apple
    12-17-2010 09:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD