iPhone 3gs vs iPhone 4...thoughts?

dlupien

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Hey folks I'm new to the board and wanted to say hi before I get this started, I just ditched Android and joined the iPhone world.

My question is this. I just bought an iPhone 3gs from AT&T because the price of
$99 was a good deal and I was afraid of getting the iPhone 4 because of all the issues I have heard about as opposed to the minimal issues on the 3gs.

I am thinking about changing to the iPhone 4 since I have a few days to exchange the phone. But I want to know what you guys would do if you were me. Are the pros of the 4 better then the cons? How true are all the discussions of the issues?

Thanks guys.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
DO IT. seriously. It's foolish to take the 3GS over iPhone 4.

I live in a very poor reception area so the antenna issue effects me at home, but it's very tolerable. It shouldn't be a problem if you don't already have bad reception.

Not to mention retina display, FaceTime, and better speed and battery life...

Reactions: dlupien

boss75

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Go ahead and upgrade while you can. The iphone4 is an amazing device and I haven't had a single issue with it. You won't regret it.

dlupien

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Thanks

Thank you very much guys, I am going to make the switch while I still can, ATT store I called this morning said it wont be a a problem at all, but I will have to pay 10 restocking fee. But not a big deal. :D Ill let you guys know if I like it !

uhanrodric

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
If you are ever presented with a choice to choose the latest or the 2nd latest, always pick the latest. Especially if you're talking about a 2 year contract in between your next phone. This way, by taking the latest, you're more likely to get any updates pushed out, and less likely to be dropped off the support this. Example being the 2G, and what will soon be happening to the 3G iPhones. It's apparent the 3G will soon be unsupported because every update it's usually missing something from it.

TampaDude

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Thank you very much guys, I am going to make the switch while I still can, ATT store I called this morning said it wont be a a problem at all, but I will have to pay 10 restocking fee. But not a big deal. :D Ill let you guys know if I like it !

Good call...you won't regret it. The iPhone 4 is the pimp! :cool:

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Good call...you won't regret it. The iPhone 4 is the pimp!

Unless you have low reception in your area naturally and your signal fades when touching the "spot", or you have proximity sensor issues, or the glass cracks because you have a bad slide on case, or SkyNet has taken over.

Fokas914

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Upgrade right away!! You will love it! I had the iPhone 3G before my IPhone 4 and I love my iPhone 4! I wouldn't trade it for anything! I got mine back in July, and I looked at my 3G the other day and i couldn't believe how blurry it looked and how much slower it was! You won't regret it!

dlupien

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I made the switch today :) and the nice folks at the ATT store even gave me a free case, and I only paid 90 bucks to make the change ... I paid 99 for my 3gs and then 90 more so I got the iphone 4 for 189 woohoo ten bucks off. The retina display is amazing compared to my 3gs. Thanks for all the help guys!

pizzafootbal

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
The big problem with getting a 3GS is that in 2 years, it will not by fully supported, or even not supported. Think about the original iPhone, it is 3 years old, and not supported by 4.x Get an iPhone 4, I LOVE mine!

MacLup

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
iPhone 4. No questions asked. Retina display? Absolutely! iPhone 5 is right around the corner already. 3GS will be obsolete soon.

dlupien

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Why on earth you'd still want a 3Gs is beyond me.

Well to try to clarify for you, the price is lower, and the flaws that were reported with iPhone 4 (antenna, glass) were a major part of why I and many others decided to get the 3gs in the first place..I made the switch to the iPhone 4 for the simple fact that I want to have software and hardware support for the next few years.
I love my iPhone 4 , and love the retina display but for some people the few add-ons of the iPhone 4 are simply not worth the money.

Both devices are great, and judging by the prices a 3gs (and 3g for that matter) still fetch on eBay.. I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Thanks to everyone else who posted and responded above and helped me make my decision, I love the iPhone 4.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner