iphone 3gs ios 4.2.1 update help :(

lukej6

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Iv just updated my iphone to the latest os 4.2.1, without a backup on my computer ( as ive recently reinstalled windows etc...) but i thought that it was part of the update process, anyways....

My computer or phone crashed during the process and it didnt recognise my iphone so i unplugged, reconnected and restored my iphone and then updated to the latest ios! but now i have lost all my apps from my phone (and they arent on my itunes either) , all my songs have gone from my iphone ( which im not too bothered about as they are on my itunes), luckily i still have my contacts and the important stuff!

But how do i get all of my apps back without paying for them again?
i tryed downloading angry birds again to see if it would let me download it and not pay(as i had it before) but it was taking me through the whole paying process, so i stopped it.

Please can somone help me :) sorry for the huge explanation lol!!
thanks in advance!

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
If you are using the same itunes account you used to purchase the apps in the first place, they will be free to download. It really does look like you are going to be charged until the last step, a popup will show up telling you that you have already purchased this item and click "ok" to download again for free.

Try it with a cheap app like angry birds.

toomanyphones

Oct 14, 2008
Visit site
Everyone should use this as a reminder to backup your phone on a regular basis. I have had to swap out a number of phones and since I have a daily backup from syncing podcast I could always get back everything. My friend almost cried when he broke the sim tray in his 3GS and wouldn't boot. He didn't plug his phone in since day one and he lost all the text and emails he wanted. Like stated before getting your apps back is no problem as long as you have your apple id you used to get them.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711