Iphone 3GS Dropping 3g Connection While in a Call.

jhorak101

Oct 4, 2009
www.facebook.com
When in a phone conversation in a 3G coverage area with 3G enabled in the setting the Iphone is not maintaining 3G connectivity during the call the 3g icon next to the bars and AT&T log are gone this seems to happen about 27 minutes into the call when I asked AT&T about it they suggested I reset my network setting and they noticed a problem on there end with a tower in my area and issued support ticket, I called Apple tech support and they claimed to know nothing about it. Last night I did did a Google search on this and found out that CNET has already reported this to be a hardware Chipset problem and radio stack problem

here is the url. News | iLounge

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Looks like an AT&T problem. If you go some where else and try does it still drop the call or lose the connection?

Have you reset your iPhone lately?

Just for giggles, have you tried holding it differently?

jhorak101

Oct 4, 2009
www.facebook.com
3G Dropping During Phone calls.

1. Yes I did a network re -set but not a phone re-set

2. Check for Updates using OS 4.02

3. As I type this I have been on a 1:02 hr phone call intiated the call out side of the house when I went for my 5 mile walk in the neighborhood as right now it still shows 3G, I am talking to my uncle in Roland OK about 4 miles west of Ft Smith Arkansas he says he is on Edge with full bars I checked the AT&T coverage map and this is suppose 3g teritory.

3.CNET has a report out on this.
http://forum.tipb.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=1615102

Thanks

jhorak101

Oct 4, 2009
www.facebook.com
Yesterday I reset the phone through Itunes then this morning through the iphone itself in settings, yes yesterday I was in town at Lowes made a call was on the call for 45 min 30 min into the call the 3g icon disappeared and just to my east about 300 feet away was a cell phone tower.

jhorak101

Oct 4, 2009
www.facebook.com
Restore & Reset

Say DP-Jab I did do a restore through Itunes that evening the next day did a reset through the phone so far everything is working again no dropped 3G signal while making or receving a call and talking for over 30 minutes.

Thanks

jhorak101

Oct 4, 2009
www.facebook.com
3G droping Out Again.

i had the same issue,
reinstalling fixed it xD... strange its not working for you

What should I do now? Two weeks ago I did a "Restore" Through Itunes then the next day did a "reset of all setting through the phone" for about two weeks I did not have a problem with my phone dropping 3g during a call two days ago it started again so I did another Restore then today Sept 11, 2010 it started doing it again I would receive a call (or make a call, does it either way) and about 30 minutes into the call the 3g icon disappears and goes to full five bars I hang up the icon shows up as a circle then an E then finally a 3G what?s going on ?

jhorak101

Oct 4, 2009
www.facebook.com
Well I feel that it is a apple hardware issue I made a call on my iphone and 27 min into the call the iphone drops 3g connectivity, while my other at&t phone (not a Smartphone) hold and maintains a 3g connection for over an hour on a call.

jhorak101

Oct 4, 2009
www.facebook.com
3G Connectivity

You are correct I am not having a DROPED Call issue I am having 3G die on me while in a call notice my video on youtube YouTube - Jhorak101's Channel

The phone call I made began with 3G but ended on edge notice after I hang up the phone switches back to 3G. Whats is crazy is although I have no 3g connectivity I do have full signal strength on edge, The reason I now 3G is offline is if I try to MMS or SMS while in the phone call the message bounces.