iphone 3gs to ios4 help

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I have an iphone 3gs jailbroken with spirit on os 3.1.3. if i simply hit the upgrade button in itunes, will it brick my iphone? it wont let me restore because apple isnt signing 3.1.3 anymore. what are my options to upgrade to ios 4? i dont care if it is still jailbroken after the upgrade.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
What do you mean it wont' let you restore? All you have to do is hit restore in iTunes and it will download the file and do the restore. I had my 3GS broken with Spirit and it worked like a charm.

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
What do you mean it wont' let you restore? All you have to do is hit restore in iTunes and it will download the file and do the restore. I had my 3GS broken with Spirit and it worked like a charm.

well it tells me my device is ineligible for restore, what will happen if i just hit upgrade to 4.0. will i just lose my jailbreak or will my phone brick?

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
well it tells me my device is ineligible for restore, what will happen if i just hit upgrade to 4.0. will i just lose my jailbreak or will my phone brick?

The guy that created Spirit doesn't recommend you do and upgrade over the jailbreak, but to restore instead.

It is strange, I had no problem restoring mine from 3.13 Spirit Jailbroken.

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
The guy that created Spirit doesn't recommend you do and upgrade over the jailbreak, but to restore instead.

It is strange, I had no problem restoring mine from 3.13 Spirit Jailbroken.

You could put it in DFU or recovery mode with the connect to iTunes screen but that might cause problems but do not upgrade that will most likely cause more problems later on. If it was me I would put it in DFU or recovery after backing it up and syncing it with iTunes and then restore it.

iPhonewolf

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
iphone just dead after tryna JB it while its unjailbrekable.

You could put it in DFU or recovery mode with the connect to iTunes screen but that might cause problems but do not upgrade that will most likely cause more problems later on. If it was me I would put it in DFU or recovery after backing it up and syncing it with iTunes and then restore it.

ok, but have u seen an instance where by the iphone doesnt show nothing in d screen only to pop-up on itunes for restore? that means automaticaly, its in DFU mode but dont seem 2 show even backlight with d black screen of death.
i dunno what 2 do cos i tried 2 restore it back 2 its initial 3.1.3 fw but its says that my iphone is not eligible for this build. what should i do now? can i go ahead and upgrade it to iOs 4? or is there remedy for that? pls help me.

thanx