Switch from iPhone 3Gs to iPhone 4

RKMichael

Mar 18, 2010
ipodrepairblog.com
I just signed a two year contract with AT&T and got a 16GB iPhone 3Gs this was about a week before the iPhone was released and my AT&T rep said I could switch to the iPhone 4 and just pay the difference. The question I pose to this forum is...Should I just switch to the iPhone 4 now? There are so many cool new features but I recently upgraded my firmware to i OS so I have multi-tasking and all that good stuff.

I like the 3Gs and it is the first iPhone I have owned, I previously was a VZW customer with a CrackBerry. One side of me says just keep the 3Gs and wait until the iPhone after the iPhone 4. The other side says get the new iPhone with all the new bells and whistles.

What do people think?:confused:

Biopsidy

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Since it's a simple exchange I would just do it just for the hell of it. Engadget says there isn't much of a performance boost over the 3GS, but seeing as how you just barely got it I don't see why you shouldn't get the iPhone 4 if not just to have the latest one for a few bucks more.

RKMichael

Mar 18, 2010
ipodrepairblog.com
Just bought my 3GS as well. I'll skip the iphone 4 and get next years model.
I was thinking that if I just wait, I can get the iPhone after the iPhone 4....it's all about dealing with the limbo of getting the newest iWhatever and then having to go through a little torture while others are getting their new gadgets. I really like the 3Gs and this is my first iPhone. It just seems that you will always be looking forward to the next release. You pretty much just skip every other phone. I updated to the i OS 4 so I do have all of the features from that. I still have a few weeks to pull the trigger so we shall see.

belladonna75

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I am going to try to wait for the next one myself even tho I can change if I wanted to. Either that or wait till all the minor things are fixed then get it hehe :D

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
The screen alone is a reasont upgrade immediately. Plus the camera blows the 3GS out of the water. I took pictures with both and the difference is mind boggling. And if you like games the iPhone 4 is noticeably more responsive and the graphics look smoother.

iLurk13

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I just upgrade from my 3gs which I had since last July and updated to iOS4.I got my iPhone 4 yesterday and I say trade it in you won't regret it. What world of difference. I love it. I even sleep with it last night. :D

viper3885

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
I just got my iPhone 4 this morning. Coming from my 3GS I still notice a speed increase. But the screen alone is worth the upgrade. It is so unbelievably crisp. And the camera is a night and day difference. The pictures just look so much nicer, same goes with video.

mullrat

Jun 8, 2008
Visit site
Strong

I admire those who are keeping their respective phones. Definitely as far as financially a smart thing to do. Especially if you have a 3GS. Mine is functioning extremely well especially with ios4. Mine iPhone 4 is arriving in a few weeks but am thinking about selling it. And again making a good financial decision.

CoryJP

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
I own the a White 3GS absolutely love it! But I gave in and payed an extra $200 bucks for the iPhone 4. Both are great phones. I guess it depends if your the type of person that can wait a year or just throw a couple hundred to satisfy your up to date technology needs.

RKMichael

Mar 18, 2010
ipodrepairblog.com
I am planning on making a trip to the at&t store this weekend to get an iPhone 4 in my hands to see if I really want to change. I will know what to do when I actually get a look at it. I just can't fathom a phone being slimmer than the 3Gs

RKMichael

Mar 18, 2010
ipodrepairblog.com
UPDATE: I checked out the iPhone 4 at the AT&T store on Monday and I am happy to report that I am sticking with my 3Gs. I am a little leery that the new iPhone is in the news so much for having so many problems. I think I made the right decision and I think I can wait for the phone AFTER the iPhone 4. Maybe by then, Verizon will have an iPhone? Who knows....One thing that I will say is that the screen and Gorilla Glass are really amazing on the iPhone 4. Very sleek and the resolution of the screen but my 3Gs to shame...

Moonbase0ne

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I usually hold on to my phones for the full 2 year contract term. Well now I can renew every 18 months. So, when I do choose a phone, I usually get the most recent and latest knowing that I will have it for awhile and it should hold up and be supported that much longer.

my $0.02.