Hope someone can explain to me>>>I switched from Verizon to the Iphone and I have heard some people mention SIM card . I have the 3GS and wanted to know if it has a SIM card and if it does , where is it? Sales person never mentioned SIM card to me. I know it holds your info, but I back up my phone with itune.

I really would appreciate any info, Thanks!
    06-21-2010 02:48 AM
    You're talking two different things. iPhone is a phone and Verizon is a network carrier. What carrier did you switch to?
    06-21-2010 03:09 AM
    Sim tray is at the very top of the phone.
    06-21-2010 03:12 AM
    Your iPhone should have come with a Sim Card Tool, that will allow you to release the tray to remove the Sim Card. However, this is not something you should mess with unless you are planning to sell the phone or hand it down to someone else.

In terms of your data, it only includes AT&T DATA in regards to your account and phone etc. No data in terms of anything that you'd need beyond what iTunes does for you.
    06-21-2010 03:20 AM
    Should the SIM card be included with the phone when it's sold or should I keep it? I know the 4 doesn't accommodate the old card so I can't transfer it to the new phone but should I keep it for privacy/security? Does wiping the iPhone clean to sell also remove the data from the SIM?
    06-21-2010 11:15 AM
    Do not give them your old one cause that SIM card is connected to your account and you dont want to pass it on (even if it will be deactivated by the time your iPhone 4 is activated)
    whoever that buys your phone will have to use their own sim card.

Wiping iphone does NOT clean the SIM info !
    06-21-2010 11:20 AM
    Do not give them your old one cause that SIM card is connected to your account and you dont want to pass it on (even if it will be deactivated by the time your iPhone 4 is activated)
    whoever that buys your phone will have to use their own sim card.

Wiping iphone does NOT clean the SIM info !
    Thanks for the information. I gave my Gen1 iPhone to a friend and kept the SIM but wasn't sure if I was just being paranoid.

UPDATE: Another question: what should I do with the SIM since I won't need it for the new phone?
    06-21-2010 11:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD