cannot delete newly taken photos from camera roll on iphone 3gs!!

jaymeezee#IM

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
hi guys, im usually very technically inclined when it comes to solving problems for an iphone, but this one has got me by the balls!! lol

so here is the problem, basically i cannot delete any photos from my camera roll, and no this is not the basic "you can't delete photos synced with itunes" problem. like if i were to take a picture at this very moment, it would save to my photo library but then when i open the photo and press the trash can on the bottom right, the delete photo pop up would show like a normal iphone, but then i when i press the delete photo button the pop up it just receeds back down and there i am staring at the photo i just took!!......although i have found a lil workaround by going into ifile and deleting the taken photo, its juss kinda of a hassle. i am running firmware 3.1.3 on a 3gs 32gb with spirit jailbreak (if that helps any lol)

any help on this matter is greatly appreaciated!!

en0c

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Try restarting the iPhone. If that doesn't solve the problem, then try a restore WITHOUT any use of backup. Instead set it up as new.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Not sure if ssh needs to be done, but I'm afforded the option
when I plug my iPhone, I can delete pics in the camera roll.

I am jailbroken, so maybe that's the reason.

jaymeezee#IM

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
yeah i thoght a restore would be the only true solution but i was hoping there would be another solution, im not gonna restore though cause the ifile workaround(ssh) isnt that bad because in that way atleat i can still delete pics on my phone, just cant directly delete them from the photo app, thanks everybody for ur helpful advice

chris_j718

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually having the same exact problem. I just noticed it today. First when I was trying to delete an e-mail by swiping a single e-mail to delete. I didn't think much of it. I then went to check photos that I took of my son yesterday and encountered the same problem! This is pretty annoying. I can delete the photo by simply connecting my iPhone to my PC and opening the camera folder under "my computer". But I want this thing to work properly. I too am jailbroken. I deleted a few cydia apps i.e. Doublr (Which seemed suspect considering it hides your camera roll when enabled and will unhide when the icon is touched again.) But why would this effect my e-mail? The other app I deleted was iWipe (I ran this process yesterday. It took approximately 3 hours and I'm not sure what it has done.) After deleting this, I still have no clue what to do next. I think restore may be my only option.

alex_t84

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem last week. I have 3gs 3.1.2 jb with blackra1n. I never restored and I don't really don't want to; I dpn't have the patience to install every app and tweak that I have again. so I've been trying app to replace the camera that can also del pictures. so my 1st solution is an app called snappy from cydia. it's faster than the normal camera and most important u can delete photos. after a while the the camera roll bug dissapeared and now i can del pic again from camera roll. I don't really know what I did exactly but since then I unlocked it twice and jailbreaked it at least 7 times with blackra1n because a have a different bug. try unlocking few times or jailbrraking it several times.
the other bug is the one with wifi and I have to reset network settings and jailbreak it but now after i reset network setting blackra1n doesn't work from the 1 st time. I need exactly 4 times. the first 2 times blackra1n starts working and after 10 min goes back to restore mode. the 3rd time it works but the phone shows no wifi in settings and finally the 4th time everything goes back to normal.
I'm still in the process of solving the newest bug. everytime I'm typing in safari if I want to correct something and I'm waiting for the magnifier when the magnifier appears safari closes. It's annoying because this is the 4th time I'm rewriting this post :D

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
other options

I would try a couple things before considering a restore. The database that stores the picture locations may have gotten corrupt. You should do a sync & a backup then go in manually and take all the pictures off the phone to your computer so your roll is empty. Then in iTunes go to the photo tab and uncheck sync photos do a sync then reboot your phone. When the phone boots up hook up to iTunes and check sync photos put back your settings how they were and sync. Then take your picture and see if you can delete it.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative