I get the sense that most people hate coverflow, (as I do), and was wondering first of all if there's a way to disable this. It's annoying when you're listening to music on "shuffle" and have to take it out of your pocket, rotate it vertically to bring up the regular view, and switch to the next song that way. There must be a way to do this if the iPhone is laying horizontally in your pocket without having to take it out. Am I missing something?
    05-17-2010 02:54 PM
    I don't think that there is a way to do it other then to turn the phone to portrait mode. I never have minded Cover Flow but then again I tend to use the headset to skip to another song when I have my iPhone in my pocket.
    05-17-2010 04:20 PM
    Nope, coverflow is not an option. You WILL use Apple's coverflow interface and you WILL like it. haha jk

I think eventually they will get rid of it or at least make it more functional. I hate how it is now.
    05-17-2010 04:54 PM
    What about using earbuds that let you switch tracks? My M-Voda buds let me pause, go forward, and back track with the little "button" on the wire.

Or is this not what you're talking about?
    05-18-2010 09:15 AM
    What about using earbuds that let you switch tracks? My M-Voda buds let me pause, go forward, and back track with the little "button" on the wire.

Or is this not what you're talking about?
    hmm, good point. I should have thought about that before I threw down a bunch of money on earbuds, haha. But yeah, that's basically what I'm talking about. (A way to physically switch tracks instead of touching the screen.)
    05-18-2010 12:00 PM
    That's why Apple put a remote on the iPhone's headphones ever since gen 1.
    05-18-2010 12:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD