this just happened yesterday... I try playing a song on the iPod app and no music is coming out and the volume bar is missing when a song is playing. Also an message asking to put on airplane mode keeps popping up randomly. anybody else have this issue or know how to resolve?
    05-15-2010 08:54 PM
    Is this while using a third-party docking accessory? many of the older ones do not work with iPhone and commonly display the airplane mode message.
    05-15-2010 09:03 PM
    take a deep breath and blow out your dock port
    05-15-2010 09:13 PM
    Is this while using a third-party docking accessory? many of the older ones do not work with iPhone and commonly display the airplane mode message.
    i do have a third party ipod connecter car charger but this happens when not connected to anything .. its very strange
    05-15-2010 09:26 PM
    It might be a good idea to get some compressed air and spray it in your dock port briefly just to clear out the dust and interference. If you blow on it with your mouth you'll likely get saliva in it, and that's not good.
    05-16-2010 12:33 AM
    I will try that.. i tried restarting it and its still there. looks like i have to get a new iphone i need my ipod before i leave to Europe this Thursday ! ahhh
    05-16-2010 09:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD