hi

i searched and could not find. i have a 16gb iphone 3gs that i purchased in feb. since i updated to 3.1.3 (updated 2 weeks after i got the iphone) i have been getting calls going str8 to voicemail even though i have full bars. this has happened sporadically at home and at work. what is happening??

well i did change my number that was issued to me by att to a different number. from a southern california 909 area code to a 626 area code.

thanks in advance.
    04-07-2010 01:59 PM
    It's just one of those horrible iPhone quirks. Happens sporadically - no rhyme or reason. I can be sitting with the phone in my hand and all of a sudden I get notification of voicemail.
    04-07-2010 05:35 PM
    It's just one of those horrible iPhone quirks. Happens sporadically - no rhyme or reason. I can be sitting with the phone in my hand and all of a sudden I get notification of voicemail.
    thanks alli.

rey
    04-08-2010 01:09 AM
    Yeah I have had the same issue from time to time. Kind of a pain but it only happens every once and awhile so it's not that big of a deal.
    04-08-2010 03:39 AM
    I recall having this happen with my Moto Razr prior to getting my iPhone. I think it's another fine AT&T "feature".
    04-08-2010 05:48 PM
    Happened to me on T-Mo back in the day, too. It's a cellular telephony feature
    04-08-2010 06:00 PM
    Hi Alli

I asked and you responded a while back but do you have a 3gs? I still have this problem. Thanks.

Rey
    05-11-2010 06:59 PM
    Happens on my Bold 9000 too.
    05-11-2010 10:47 PM
    And yes, I have a 3GS. Happens on my daughter's 2G, too.
    05-11-2010 10:54 PM
    I have this constantly on my Sprint work phone. It's not specific to iPhone/AT&T. In my area, both Verizon and AT&T perform much better in this regard.
    05-12-2010 08:50 AM
    If iPhone was on the Verizon network...this wouldn't be a problem. I'm just sayinnn...Can you hear me now??
    05-12-2010 10:42 AM
    If iPhone was on the Verizon network...this wouldn't be a problem. I'm just sayinnn...Can you hear me now??
    Seriously, it depends on the area and its network coverage, interference, etc. AT&T is just fine in my area. Not perfect by any stretch, but better than others. At home, my Verizon phone would drop signal/calls 10 times a night. No problem with AT&T. Go to my wife's old stomping grounds, and AT&T fails, but Verizon was fine. It's a large country; it's not going to be the same for everyone.
    05-12-2010 10:50 AM
    I had this issue and the reason I was given was that it was a 3G network issue in my area rather than an iPhone issue. If I turned off 3G the problem went away. Since moving networks (to Vodafone) the issue stopped....until I managed to get upgrade the phone to 3.1.3 due to problems and now I just wish I had the voicemail issue!
    05-13-2010 03:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD