Help resaving wallpaper image on iPhone 3Gs 3.1.3

goavs77

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
A while back I lost all the photos on my iPhone thanks to a lockup of my laptop while installing a firmware upgrade. Long story short - the wallpaper I have on my phone is an image of my kids from about 2 years ago that isn't saved in my photos or synced in my iTunes. It's on the phone SOMEPLACE - but I want to save it so I don't lose the picture should I decide to jailbreak (on 3.2 or via downgrade) or something like that. Does anyone know how I could do this? It's probably easy, but I can't find an answer anywhere I've looked. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
A while back I lost all the photos on my iPhone thanks to a lockup of my laptop while installing a firmware upgrade. Long story short - the wallpaper I have on my phone is an image of my kids from about 2 years ago that isn't saved in my photos or synced in my iTunes. It's on the phone SOMEPLACE - but I want to save it so I don't lose the picture should I decide to jailbreak (on 3.2 or via downgrade) or something like that. Does anyone know how I could do this? It's probably easy, but I can't find an answer anywhere I've looked. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

What type of computer are you using? You should be able to import photos from the iPhone to your comp. I do it all the time with iPhoto and I am pretty sure there is a way to do it on Windows as well.

Enders

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
If you lost all your photos on your iPhone due to what you described, then iTunes at the time synced "to erase" all pictures. To get it back you'll need to redefine iTunes target Photo Sync folder that contains the picture you want.

From what I understand, when you did that firmware update it's possible that it cleared the cache memory location of that photo folder and when you re-synced it did so as if though you selected an empty folder; therefore erasing all your pictures currently on your iPhone at the time.

Hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro