iPhone 3GS Slow After 3.0 => 3.1.2 Upgrade

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
All:

I held off on upgrading from 3.0 as long as possible as I did not want to go through the JB process.

Last week I decided to make the junk to 3.1.2 and since then, the phone has been VERY slow. It takes about 20 seconds for the alarm clock to show, the calendar will not load, and everything else drags. The phone is JB but it was this way before I applied the JB.

I have not installed any new programs that were not on the 3.0 OS. I have tried all restore methods. The problem is that iPhone wants me to upgrade to 3.1.3. That may be a solution, but I will lose JB - right?

I tried a workaround method to downgrade back to 3.0 but the restore process fails after it extracts the 3.0 OS from its file on my computer.

Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

en0c

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Restore and set it up as new. Yes you will lose your JB and unlock will become impossible for the time being..
It's always a bad idea to restore from backup. And especially when going from 3.0 to 3.1.x.

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I've tried to restore back to 3.0 but I received an error during the process. iTunes only gives me the option to restore to 3.1.3 but then I will lose JB and there is a program that I MUST use every day for business that I will not have access to and can not do without.

Hmmm. I hope JB 3.1.3 comes out soon.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
What is this JB app that you absolutely MUST have for business use everyday? If it's that good maybe I need it too! Lol!

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I can not say as the application is used to control the daily weather. Someone was messing around with weather in DC when it crashed and we need to fix it ASAP.

Thanks for understanding.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73