Camera Roll Corruption..? (iPhone 3GS 3.1.2)

SonicAdvDX

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I have a really bad problem. I recently edited some files to get rid of the notification badges on icons... Now I am beginning to think I did something terribly wrong.

I just tried taking a screenshot of my iPhone... When I went to my Camera Roll, the only new picture that came up was an enlarged red badge icon! What's really weird is that the thumbnail (like where it shows the latest picture that was taken in the Camera Roll) is the screenshot I took... But I cannot view the actual picture. And when I take more pictures or screenshots, the number of photos stays the same. It's like the badge is blocking new pictures.

So, I deleted the badge picture and now the folder just refuses to accept new pictures. I can still TAKE pictures with the camera, and I get a new thumbnail, but nothing happens in the Camera Roll. I still just have the same number of images, nothing new. And, I can't take videos anymore. It just freezes and I have to press the home button to get out.

I REALLY need some help with this!! Please!!

SonicAdvDX

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Okay, well, I've got a 3GS with 3.1.2 blackra1n tethered jailbreak. Is there a good restore that I could get that is no longer tethered? It's really irritating...

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
The tethered requirement hasn't changed with the new 3GS. It's still tethered.

And either you go back and re-edit the files to remove the changes you made ( hopefully you backed up the files you changed ) or you restore ( hopefully you know how to restore to 3.1.2 ).