I'm thinking of upgrading to an iPhone 3GS from a WM6 device. I have questions, though, about how some things are handled on the iPhone.

1) Documents -- With something like Documents 2Go can you load Word docs and PDF files onto the iPhone? E.g., I would like to create a field guide of common Colorado mushrooms in PDF format to load on my iPhone for reference when out mushrooming.

2) File/Folder System -- If you can load docs onto the iPhone, can you organize them into folders?

3) Photos -- Can you download photos on the Camera Roll to your computer (for me a PC running Win7)?

Thanks in advance for your comments and help.
    12-31-2009 11:27 AM
    1) Yes
    2) No
    3) Yes

Forget the way you did things on WM if you move to an iPhone. It will make your head explode if you try to think WM in the iPhone environment...trust me.
    12-31-2009 12:03 PM
    In addition to Alli's answer, the DocToGo app comes at a cost and the transfer files requires Wi-Fi
    12-31-2009 02:18 PM
    You could access the folder system, but only if you jailbreak.

You would probably find though that you would not have to, stuff like that just works on iPhone.

Kev
    12-31-2009 03:51 PM
    Yes there's many apps for your to keep your documents on the go organized. You can also use iDisk if you got a MobileMe Account to sync quickly between your Laptop and your iPhone.
    01-01-2010 10:13 AM
    Yes there's many apps for your to keep your documents on the go organized. You can also use iDisk if you got a MobileMe Account to sync quickly between your Laptop and your iPhone.
    This is the solution I choose and enjoy using
    01-01-2010 08:17 PM
    there's also dropbox
    01-02-2010 08:54 PM
    Zumodrive is another great alternative.
    01-02-2010 09:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD