Iphone 3GS 32GB quality question ! Need Help !

pirate_777

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
Im a user of blackberry for a while now and im changing to the new iphone 3gs 32gb, im from the middle east to be exact UAE - Dubai .. I have a question that has been annoying me for a while now and i thought i should ask the experts before getting an i phone.

My question is:

Do i phones have any difference in quality at different regions ? for ex. are the iphones distributed at the middle east or asia bad in quality compared to the ones in the U.S ? is it better for me to order a factory unlocked iphone from the U.S ? Or are all iphones the same in quality ? or maybe it has nothing to do with the assembly or quality, maybe the iphones are tampered with software wise in different regions depending on the telecommunication provider.

I need help im so confused :confused:

iBoxtaboy

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Hardware-wise, I don't think it makes any difference, as I think they're all manufactured in China. Price-wise, there may be a difference, and of course, each carrier may have slightly different features preinstalled on the phone although I'm not sure what they are in Dubai.

pirate_777

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
Hardware-wise, I don't think it makes any difference, as I think they're all manufactured in China. Price-wise, there may be a difference, and of course, each carrier may have slightly different features preinstalled on the phone although I'm not sure what they are in Dubai.

Yea about manufacturing thats what i thought, but some guy on ebay selling factory unlocked i phones, he is from the U.S, said that the ones in the U.S are assembled in China but the parts are from the U.S. He said other regions are just by China or somthing like that, his point was that the best ones are from the U.S. I came up to ask for help because he claimed that he worked in apple and he was really convincing about the region issue, he also mentioned service providers changing the softwares or somthing. I can get it but it will cost me 1079$. Where else from our service provider wich is Etisalat the phone would cost around 720$.

Well price wise i dont care what it costs because i rather get a phone with no problems than a phone that would have problems once in a while which makes you hate the phone.

About the carrier having slightly different softwares pre installed that maybe true, but i dont know about that. If i get it ill be a first time i phone user, so i have no idea about what could be pre installed, im just worried about what the carrier pre installing softwares that may affect the phone.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Yea about manufacturing thats what i thought, but some guy on ebay selling factory unlocked i phones, he is from the U.S, said that the ones in the U.S are assembled in China but the parts are from the U.S. He said other regions are just by China or somthing like that, his point was that the best ones are from the U.S. I came up to ask for help because he claimed that he worked in apple and he was really convincing about the region issue, he also mentioned service providers changing the softwares or somthing. I can get it but it will cost me 1079$. Where else from our service provider wich is Etisalat the phone would cost around 720$.

Well price wise i dont care what it costs because i rather get a phone with no problems than a phone that would have problems once in a while which makes you hate the phone.

About the carrier having slightly different softwares pre installed that maybe true, but i dont know about that. If i get it ill be a first time i phone user, so i have no idea about what could be pre installed, im just worried about what the carrier pre installing softwares that may affect the phone.
This sounds like someone who's exaggetating about some things, lieing about others and ripping people off.

You have no way of knowing if it's really factory unlocked. I doubt this guy knows Apple's supply chain at all and I really doubt any unlocked ones are being sent to the US to a guy who only sells on ebay. He's buying them from overseas and reselling them at a markup.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73