iPhone 3GS Hairline Cracks

darksniper404

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
My brand new iPhone 3GS was developing little hairline cracks around the ports and buttons for absolutely no reason. Never dropped, never even put on a hard surface without a case. Apple is shipping me a replacement know so I just wanted to ask, how common is this? Anyone who got there 3GS recently I would advise you to check for cracks so if there is some you can get a replacement before its too late.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
This is somewhat common and incredibly common for *me*. I replaced a 3G and 3GS for cracks and I'm about to replace another 3GS for cracks. As long as you are under warranty, it's not "too late".

darksniper404

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
Uh i will be freaking pissed off if that happens to my phone...Apple think they are so damn bright...And in florida we cant even get the protection plan ...

You don't need a protection plan its only $30 without one for them to fix it. Cracks should appear within the first couple of months so you should have time to get a replacement. As for Apple being bright I agree they've really dropped the ball on this one, 2 years, 2 Products with the same annoying cracks. You would think they would have realized there was a design flaw after a man sued them for the cracking almost 2 years ago Apple sued over Jesus Phone 'hairline cracks' • The Register.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
You don't need a protection plan its only $30 without one for them to fix it. Cracks should appear within the first couple of months so you should have time to get a replacement. As for Apple being bright I agree they've really dropped the ball on this one, 2 years, 2 Products with the same annoying cracks. You would think they would have realized there was a design flaw after a man sued them for the cracking almost 2 years ago Apple sued over Jesus Phone 'hairline cracks' • The Register.

lol
Did he win?

darksniper404

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
This is ridiculous got my new one today and noticed more hairline cracks on my replacement then my original after paying $30 to get a replacement. I talked to the manager and got my $30 back but I'm still pissed off. At least now I know next year I'll be switching to BlackBerry.

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
the cracks are an inherent designing flaw after the huge success of 2g with the alum body pieces.. if ppl noticed they even surfaced on sm 2g pieces near the dock connector on the antenna cover

This is ridiculous got my new one today and noticed more hairline cracks on my replacement then my original after paying $30 to get a replacement. I talked to the manager and got my $30 back but I'm still pissed off. At least now I know next year I'll be switching to BlackBerry.

u cud switch now if u wished to since m tryin to get a 3gs and wont mind a few cracks if the price is RIGHT???

darksniper404

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
Would you pay $650? Haha well anyway I don't really mind that much what I'll probably do is wait til it's maybe a little scratched or I feel like getting a new one then send it in for cracks.

darksniper404

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
Well I decided to call back today and got my 29.99 fee waived and my genius let me switch from white to a black replacement, should be here overnight hopefully this will be the end of my iPhone's crack addiction.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2