Basically this is the scenario. I don't or haven't had any wifi issues. She has a laptop pc that shes drawing a free wifi from. She said she doesn't know what its title is but shes using it. But in the residence my wifi isn't picking up any free unsecured wifi connections. She has Windows 7.

So I was wondering if this is even possible or why. Is the PC just stronger?

Thanks
    Josh
    11-06-2009 10:56 AM
    look at the two devices

now picture how big an antenna in both are. most laptops the antenna is going be a few wires and using the screen borders for its route.
    11-06-2009 11:41 AM
    where is the free wifi physically at? (distance, direction, materials in the way of the signal)
    11-06-2009 01:32 PM
    We're in an apartment complex. So theres no telling.
    11-06-2009 01:54 PM
    the laptop can get a connection from further away then the iphone i notice the same thing with my stuff.well i have wireless N in my laptop
    11-07-2009 08:49 AM
    look at the two devices

now picture how big an antenna in both are. most laptops the antenna is going be a few wires and using the screen borders for its route.
    Nailed it. Enough said right there. A bigger antenna = better coverage, or in this case, wireless detection.
    11-07-2009 05:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD