iPhone 3GS Movie sync issues

SlidinKaiZen

Aug 19, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

I have a few YouTube clips that i've converted and dropped into iTunes and when i drag and drop to my iPhone 3GS the clips show up in Device>iPhone>Movies directory but when i open the iPod on the iPhone they do not show up.

The iPhone is set to manage manually. I do not want to sync.

If i go to Get Info>Options>Media Kind and change this to Music Video the clips show up on the iPhone but if I change this to movie they don't show.

I have tried reseting the sync history and creating a iPod/iPhone version and nothing has changed. I've also tried re-installing iTunes and it still hasn't worked.

I used YouTube Downloader App (by Regensoft or Biennesoft) to download and convert to ipod .mp4. The software worked great and the clips were working on the iphone (and in iTunes and my ipod classic) with no problems 2 weeks ago and the only thing i can think of that i've done since then is upgrading to 3.0.1.

I just tried to 'create ipod or iphone version', removed the clips from Devices>iPhone>Movies (remember they show there but not on the actual phone itself) and added the newly converted clips again but i still have the same issue.

I also just tried to change one of the clips media kind to "music video" and another to "tv show".. the music video automatically moved to the Devices>iPhone>Music directory and the TV Show clip moved to the Devices>iPhone>TV Shows directory but when i open the iPod app on the phone there is no TV Shows directory or video anywhere. However, the music video is there.

If i open the clips through the device in any of the directories it works fine and i've never gotten any message, of any kind, stating that the clips can not be viewed on the iPhone.

I understand that i can just make them all "music video's" but the point is i didn't have this problem before and they aren't actually music video's..

Note: I have the latest iPhone update and latest iTunes and ALL the clips worked as the default Movie Kind previously (2 weeks ago) on both my iPhone, iPod Video Classic and in iTunes. The issue only happened a week ago after updating all the software. I have since re-installed iTunes but it hasn't helped.

Has anyone had the same issue?..

thanks in advance..

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
do they appear in the correct location if you sync them to the phone?

you may have been using the hole that Palm used and Apple closed.

SlidinKaiZen

Aug 19, 2009
Visit site
change the .mp4 file extension to .m4v

I just tried that with one of the files and the same thing still happens.

I made a copy of one of the clips. Added the file through iTunes. Dragged the file from Library>Movies to Devices>iPhone>Movies. Checked if file then appears in Devices>iPhone>Movies and it's all OK. iPhone begins to sync. Open iPod app on phone to find the file is not there.

I was sure that might work too!.. oh well, thanks anyways..

do they appear in the correct location if you sync them to the phone?

you may have been using the hole that Palm used and Apple closed.

yes they do.. no matter what Media Kind it is it appears in the right directory.. ie Movie kind appears in Movie directory in Library and Device. TV Show kind appears in TV Show directories and Music Video kind appears in Music directories.

btw, what is this "hole that Palm used"?..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73