I exercise (and sweat) a lot on the treadmill, stationary bike etc. How safe is it to:

1. Put a 3Gs (in a hard shell, exposed from the front, top and bottom connectors) in my nylon shorts pocket?

2. What if I wrap the 3Gs in a paper towel?

3. What if I put it inside a ziplock bag as well?

The reason I ask is that I have already KO'ed a Creative Zen using 2. above. I am trying to avoid buying an arm-band or a belt pouch. Currently I carry the phone in my trouser's pocket, which works for me.

I heard that there is a moisture sensor inside the iPhones. Will it get tripped by 1, 2 or 3 above?

Aloke
    08-01-2009 12:03 PM
    I am sure no one can give you an accurate answer because of how much someone sweats is varied. If you already massed one electronic device in this manner then your best bet is to change your habit and spring for an armband or belt clip. I also use my phone for workouts bit will not take a chance with the sweat thing. Plus, it's just gross to think there is old sweat particles in every nook and cranny of the phone.
    08-01-2009 12:56 PM
    yes, you are right. I should get a side-pouch. Messing around with ziplock bags looks seedy in the gym
    08-01-2009 01:35 PM
    I think you need something like this. :-)

08-01-2009 01:52 PM
    Have you theen my helmet!
    08-01-2009 01:54 PM
    lol, nice pic Matt.

I sweat a lot and keep my phone in my shorts pocket with a hardcase on it.. never had any problems.

Could always set it in one of the holes on the treadmill or stationary bike dash..
    08-01-2009 02:47 PM
    that helmet is AWESOME!
    08-02-2009 02:52 PM
    Love the helmet! LOL!
    08-02-2009 10:54 PM
    They do make arm bands to carry your IPhone in. Of course if you set the phone on Vibrate and you like it, try the Zip LOK. They also have the ZIP Loks you can suck the air out of and create a vacumn.
    08-03-2009 01:43 PM
    Be careful of the slip pouches. Make sure the case some kind of security strap/band/etc that holds the phone in.

I had a slip pouch that fit my phone really snug......or so I thought. I was simply walking my dog and the phone slipped out of the pouch, hit the concrete, and slid on it's screen for a couple of feet...thank God for screen protectors.

The phone took the hit in stride and only has a minor blemish on it's corner. I can only imagine how much trouble you'll have if you're running or jogging at the gym. I'll never buy another slipcase again.
    08-03-2009 06:43 PM
    I plan to buy a side pouch like

http://store.theiphoneblog.com/seidi...4A120A3177.htm

That should work for me clipped to my belt during exercise. It should accommodate my iPhone in my current hard case.
    Last edited by aprasad; 08-03-2009 at 07:57 PM. Reason: fixed link
    08-03-2009 07:41 PM
    I plan to buy a side pouch like

http://store.theiphoneblog.com/seidi...r-case-w-belt- clip/4A120A3177.htm

That should work for me clipped to my belt during exercise. It should accomodate my iPhone in my current hard case.
    Link does not work.
    08-03-2009 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD