Push Outlook calendar to iPhone 3GS?

rs691919

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
I have MS Outlook 2003 on my home computer. It has my personal (and work calendar), as well as all my contacts. However, I do not use Outlook for email - my home email is a yahoo account and my work email account is on exchange server and both are already synched to my iPhone 3GS.

I have manually synched calendar and contacts from my iPhone to Outlook on my home computer

Forgive the newbie question as I am brand new to Apple/iPhone systems, but is there a way besides MobileMe to push my contacts/calendar from my home computer to my iPhone such that my wife can make a change on the calendar and it appears on my iPhone (and vice versa)?

emily0605

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
How does it work with Mobile Me? Do I need to associate an email address with Outlook in order to make it synch?

To my knowledge Mobile Me will only sync your Mobile Me calendar. If you go with a hosted exchange option (we use sherweb) then your Outlook calendar will be push-synched.

I don't think you can associate your current email with mobile me, but I could be wrong.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Emily, you are correct. You cannot associate current email with MoMe. That will prevent me from using MoMe, unfortunately.

Google and Exchange both work great, but you can only have one, not both.

dc8825

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
Use the google calendar, set it up on your iPhone, and download the sync app for your PC.

quickest and most seamless way is what Jedi says. If you setup a google account, you can download a lovely PC app that you can set to sync your outlook calendar with google in a set interval. then you would just setup your iphone to sync with your google calendar. I cant post links due to my postcount, but i'll PM you with the links to the desktop app and the instructions for setup with the iphone. use it if you like

Edit: ok..wow, didnt know i couldn't PM till 15posts. So google "Google Calendar Sync" first link will give you the page with the app download for the pc. Then google "google sync iphone" first link will direct you to syncing instructions with your iphone.

Last edited:

Barnesms

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
For a while before Exchange was supported I was using a service called Visto Mobile. It was a fee based one that sync'd you desktop to their servers via the Internet then to the iPhone over the air. Might be worth Googl'ing.

laguire

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
I looked at using Mail2web they allow you to push your calendar and emails. It is just like exchange except with out the server. You also can pick what email your reply's use. I have 4 email accounts forwarded to them and I use my work email address as what people "see" It keeps my calendar updated as well as my folders. -Ben

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I have MS Outlook 2003 on my home computer. It has my personal (and work calendar), as well as all my contacts. However, I do not use Outlook for email - my home email is a yahoo account and my work email account is on exchange server and both are already synched to my iPhone 3GS.

I have manually synched calendar and contacts from my iPhone to Outlook on my home computer

Forgive the newbie question as I am brand new to Apple/iPhone systems, but is there a way besides MobileMe to push my contacts/calendar from my home computer to my iPhone such that my wife can make a change on the calendar and it appears on my iPhone (and vice versa)?

google calendar. it syncs both ways wirelessly too.