Just wanted to know if anyone has noticed their 3GS get a little to hot for comfort. I was streaming some audio from Dan Patrick using stereo bluetooth headset and charging my battery. The battery went up to 33% and stayed there and the back of the phone was pretty hot. Anyone else have this. maybe i was just pushing the phone to its limits.
    06-30-2009 12:27 AM
    It happens. I got a white iPhone & I'm wondering if the discoloration mentioned in the blog will happen. By the time it does I probably won't notice any way thanks to the gelaskin I'm planning to get.
    06-30-2009 12:30 AM
    thanks to the gelaskin I'm planning to get.
    You're worried about the device overheating, and you're planning on covering it with a skin?
    06-30-2009 10:02 AM
    It's a mini computer, it's going to get hot. Just think about all the different chips jammed in there!
    06-30-2009 10:13 AM
    It's a mini computer, it's going to get hot. Just think about all the different chips jammed in there!
    I notice the heat on the iPhone, but I noticed it on all my phones. Especiallly when someone like the OP is streaming media, thats a load for most devices. I streamed almost ever MLB at Bat game via the app so far. My phone gets hot towards the 8th inning of everygame. I give it a 10min break after, and its normal. Dont let it get too hot and you'll be cool
    06-30-2009 02:13 PM
    The reason it was getting warm was charging it while streaming. Any device will do that.
    06-30-2009 02:16 PM
    I know while streaming using shoutcast and charging it was a little warm , but nothing out of the ordinary.However I let the iphone sit near my ac dont know if that matters.
    07-01-2009 12:23 AM
    Yeah. Thr phone does get hot while I'm charging. There were times when I just could not use it.
    07-01-2009 12:35 AM
    Same here. It only gets very hot when I am playing a game and charging at the same time, but as Bad Ash said "Any device will do that".
    07-01-2009 12:38 AM
    You're worried about the device overheating, and you're planning on covering it with a skin?
    Nope, not particularly concerned about overheating or discoloration, LouieO was worried about the overheating, and there's a TiPb blog about the discoloration and a pretty convincing photo with it. I'm basically not too concerned about either; like Bad Ash said, all small electronic devices can overheat. And like I said in my last post, discoloration doesn't bother me, especially since I'll probably glue a pretty picture on the phone. 
    07-01-2009 12:39 AM
    I notice the heat on the iPhone, but I noticed it on all my phones. Especiallly when someone like the OP is streaming media, thats a load for most devices. I streamed almost ever MLB at Bat game via the app so far. My phone gets hot towards the 8th inning of everygame. I give it a 10min break after, and its normal. Dont let it get too hot and you'll be cool
    Mine definitely gets hot while using MLB@bat(best sports app ever) games.
    Always hot while charging too. I guess really warm would be a more accurate description.
    07-01-2009 03:15 AM
    I havent ran into this problem yet.... i'll keep you guys posted
    07-02-2009 01:10 AM
    Mine does get a little warm but not any warmer than my old 3G did.
    07-02-2009 01:12 AM
    Apparently this is a know issue and Apple is suggesting people not use heavy apps such as GPS while outdoors in the sun. Hmmm... I wonder how this will affect the TomTom app/car kit?

Link to story: New iPhones May Be Prone to Overheating - Science News | Science & Technology | Technology News - FOXNews.com
    07-02-2009 03:30 AM
    Mine definitely gets hot while charging .
    07-02-2009 05:22 AM
    That discolored iPhone looks pretty freaky. I wonder would the red show on the black version.
    07-02-2009 02:19 PM
    I have a black one and it has not heated up that much with very heavy usage and covered with a case.
    07-02-2009 04:55 PM
    Mine gets hot while charging and using it at the same time, but so does my laptop. I think all devices run hot when you're charging it and using it at the same time.
    07-02-2009 08:50 PM
    I have a orIginal iPhone 3g and mine gets hot all the time whether I'm charging, text, or browsing the web. I was thinking it was because I have my brightness at 100% and that causes the phone to constantly stay hot but I'm not sure how true is that. Any advice guys?
    07-02-2009 09:41 PM
    Apparently this is a know issue and Apple is suggesting people not use heavy apps such as GPS while outdoors in the sun. Hmmm... I wonder how this will affect the TomTom app/car kit?

Well this "known issue" is going to turn into a recall the second someone even gets the slightest bit hurt... I think its ridiculous Apple's only answer is to "limit use outdoors"????? So basiclly they are saying the iPhone 3GS is not safe...I smell a huge recall coming...
    07-02-2009 10:01 PM
    I just read over over at the macrumers site that the famous photo of the discolored white Iphone was not due to heat. White iPhone 3GS Discoloration Due to Third-Party Cases, Not Overheating? - Mac Rumors the discoloration came from the case! this could be good news
    07-07-2009 02:09 AM
    I noticed that my 2G get a little warmer since upgrading to 3.0.
    07-07-2009 07:46 AM
    Don't beleive everthing you read.
    07-07-2009 07:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD