iPhone 3GS Availability

aeleby

May 11, 2009
Visit site
I only checked at one store, in Ann Arbor, MI and they said they are only taking preorders. Just wondering if this is how it is everywhere. Also anyone know how long (about) it would take to get an iPhone through the Apple online store.

Just to note i am not eligible for the discounted price until Monday, so I'd be waiting til then to buy one (if that makes any difference)

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
I was in my AT&T store yesterday and was told 7-14 days was the official word, but they usually came faster than that.

Matt74

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
Last night the closest Apple store to me, 25 min drive, didn't have any 3GS in stock. This morning I called and was told they had a "minimal supply of all models". So I drove down there and found a line outside of the store... :-(

Waited an hour, but finally got in there and a new 16GB 3GS. Unfortunately, I wanted a black one and that was the only model they ran out of. They ran out about 3 people in front of me.

So now I have a white iPhone, which doesn't really matter since I always use a case.

The local AT&T store apparently gets very small shipments every day, but they also sell out very quickly every day. :-/

A guy in line told me that Apple stores are getting more frequent and larger shipments than AT&T stores, so you're probably better of calling the closest Apple store early in the morning and see if they got a shipment in.

So that's the scoop for the Baltimore, MD area.

Last edited:

ibegary

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
I made my pre-order on attwireless.com back on the 18th and i'm still "In Progress" state. I decided to call around and see if I could get any at the stores around here in Kentucky.

I have 6 AT&T iPhone stores within a 50 mile radius (Louisville, KY & Bowling Green, KY) all of which are sold out and didn't know when they were getting more. One store actually told me I would have better luck with my attwireless.com order

So yeah, in the same boat here in Kentucky. I didn't think there were this many of us rednecks that like stuff like the iPhone.

GreenLightJerky

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
I made my pre-order on attwireless.com back on the 18th and i'm still "In Progress" state..
I did the same thing looking to avoid the lines I decided to use the web instead of the store.
7-14 days is the word I got as well. Called and spoke with ATT and they said it would ship over night, WHEN it ships.:rolleyes:

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I'm sure they aren't sold out around me. I have four apple stores and an endless amount of AT&T stores (maybe 20) around me with 10-20 mi.

= NJ/NJ area.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Had plenty in Louisville apple store. ATT stores are out though but that's where it was easiest getting one on launch day.

ggreenw

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
Indy

Just got my 32 gb white today at the Apple store in Indianapolis. I got to the store and there was a line of about 5 people and i only waited for like 10 minutes. They told us that they had everything in stock except for 16 gb black. I was rather surprised as all the att and best buy stores were out of stock.

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
Gave the closest AT&T store a call this morning since it is about a 40 minute drive for me. They were happy to inform me 3GS's were in stock. I made the drive and had a perfectly smooth time walking into the Apple store and picking up a 32GB. Very easy and painless. I'm very happy I decided to make the trip instead of ordering and waiting.

GreenLightJerky

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
GreenLightJerky When did you place your order?

I ordered my 2 32gb phones on Thursday June 18th in the morning through thr upgrade process on wireless.att.com.
Yesterday I was told "when they ship, they will ship over night via fedex". Today my status changed to show a ship date of today. Put a smile on my face.

ibegary

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
I ordered my 2 32gb phones on Thursday June 18th in the morning through thr upgrade process on wireless.att.com.
Yesterday I was told "when they ship, they will ship over night via fedex". Today my status changed to show a ship date of today. Put a smile on my face.

Booooooooo. You took one of mine, lol.

I ordered a 32gb black back on the 18th and i'm still in progress as of this morning.

Oh wellz, anticipation is part of the fun...

nfrederick

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Apple Store @ Penn Square Mall in Oklahoma City has them in stock as of yesterday.

I walked right in and within 15 minutes was walking out with my 16GB white 3G S.

They had plenty of all size and color in stock ready to be purchased, when I left there was a waiting line beginning to form outside the store.

escapethematrix

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
I made the mistake of going to an at&t store because it was closer, i slapped down my $199 to get a white 16gb 3gs for my wife...they said up to 2 week wait. I didn't realize the apple store another 10min further away had them in stock.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh