Good morning to all!

I'm new to the forums and new to the iPhone so please bear with me.

Have some questions in trying to make this device more productive and synergistic with my work flows. (Backgrounder: I come from a BlackBerry with BES and Exchange.)

- I'm going to refer to it as the "menu bar" but the top of the screen where the carrier name is shown can I somehow display the number of unread messages on the device or have a new email message/sms message notifier?

- ActiveSync Question - On my blackberry when I would reply to a message on my exchange account it would add the little purple arrow icon to the message when it was updated in Outlook. I would have expected that Active Sync or the iPhone would work the same way. Can someone tell me how to adjust this?

- On the Home screen there is a message count on the Mail icon. Can this display the total number of unread messages in the Exchange mailbox instead of just the inbox only?

Thanks for your time and here's hoping to make a more happy iPhone user!!

Cheers!
    06-23-2009 08:36 AM
    Hi Dreemer,

I'm afraid i can only answer your first question.
    There is currently no way, without jailbreaking, to add notifications about sms, missed calls to the status bar.

Happy iPhoning!
    06-25-2009 07:11 PM
    Hi Dreemer,

I'm afraid i can only answer your first question.
    There is currently no way, without jailbreaking, to add notifications about sms, missed calls to the status bar.

Happy iPhoning!
    Thanks for your reply.

It would be great if this became available.

If anyone else has more thoughts on the above I would greatly appreciate it.
    06-25-2009 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD