*** Find a bug related to the iPhone 3G S? Post in this thread...***

So I was listening to the latest TiPb podcast (honest, I was) when I realized I needed to make a quick phone call. I held down the button on my 3GS headset to initiate voice dialing and, as expected, the podcast went silent - so far so good. As Heather (or whatever we've decided to call her) repeated my command, the podcast resumed and, while the phone rang, the podcast continued and continued and continued during the phone call until I manually paused the podcast.

Not sure why this is happening - I would have assumed that when the phone is in voice mode, the iPod functions would cease until the call terminated as it did with my 3G and 2G.

Anyone else notice this issue?
    Last edited by Jeremy Sikora; 06-22-2009 at 07:33 PM.
    06-22-2009 07:17 PM
    Ok.. Since the upgrade to 3Gs I have found the following.

1) Yahoo mail refuses to Push Email!
    2) Apps are showing Icons for programs that do not match
    3) Reception bar fluctuates and overall speed of 3G is very slow. I live in a area where 3G signal is very strong.

I have found these same issues with the 3.0 upgrade to my other iphone. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have even reset my phone with factory settings to see if the problem stems from a backup bug and deleted majority of my apps for testing with no success.

I have read similar issues on other blogs but none have reported as a major issue among a larger amount of users.

I can only imagine as time goes by we will hear more issues. I hope apple releases these minor issues as the last firmware did not have any of the issues mentioned above
    06-22-2009 11:16 PM
    I use Push Mail on my 3GS to exchange and it appears to have no problems at all and all Apps are working fine. I did read somewhere that you need to select the option for this is a new phone in iTunes when you first sync. When i was running the beta on 3.0, setting up the phone as new got rid lots of issues i encountered.

My main issue is the battery life. I'm going to start a new thread on this issue as i believe there is a definite problem with certain batches.
    06-23-2009 08:57 AM
    The only problem I have noticed is that somehow my phone always ends up at a voicemail password enter screen.. When I exit an app or get off the phone.. Or when I have my phone locked and hit the wake button sometimes it will simply be at this screen when I unlock it.

Pretty annoying..
    06-23-2009 09:26 AM
    My yahoo email has worked fine with push..
    06-23-2009 09:27 AM
    I don't know if it's a 3gs or a 3.0 thing but it takes a lot longer to turn off the phone now. Turning it on seems to be faster though so maybe that evens it out.
    06-23-2009 11:19 AM
    I don't know if it's a 3gs or a 3.0 thing but it takes a lot longer to turn off the phone now. Turning it on seems to be faster though so maybe that evens it out.
    Yes it certainly does. It takes roughly 3x as long for that waiting icon to go away. I just tested the 2 side by side on my way home.
    06-23-2009 12:39 PM

Here is a fix for the icon duplicating bug.

Iphone App Icon duplication problem FIX | The Fifth Corner
    06-23-2009 01:37 PM
    Here is a fix for the icon duplicating bug.

Iphone App Icon duplication problem FIX | The Fifth Corner
    Thank You! Thank You! I did a hard reset today after I missed two calls. The phone never rang. Once the phone rebooted I had this weird combo of two app icons. I reported the bug to Apple but never expected to find a fix so fast. You're a life saver. It was driving me nuts.
    06-23-2009 06:31 PM
    Hmm I've noticed when uploading a video from Photos the meter sometimes screws up after you rotate the phone. It will end up past the beginning of the possible fill area (the white line) and the end of the blue line is further left than it should be. Basically when you're about 75% done it would look like 50% done and the blue line would begin off-screen where you can't see it.

It's very strange.
    06-24-2009 12:02 AM

3) Reception bar fluctuates and overall speed of 3G is very slow. I live in a area where 3G signal is very strong.

I have found these same issues with the 3.0 upgrade to my other iphone. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have even reset my phone with factory settings to see if the problem stems from a backup bug and deleted majority of my apps for testing with no success.

I have read similar issues on other blogs but none have reported as a major issue among a larger amount of users.

I can only imagine as time goes by we will hear more issues. I hope apple releases these minor issues as the last firmware did not have any of the issues mentioned above
    are people making a bugslist for 3gs or 3.0 software upgrade??? sounds like all the issues you mention are not hardware with 3gs but 3.0 software...
    06-24-2009 01:12 AM
    How come AVRCP Bluetooth Profile (change tracks via bluetooth headset) isn't implemented? Any ideas?
    06-24-2009 05:21 PM
    I think apple hasn't implented avrcp because they are going to release their own stereo Bluetooth headset that uses a special proprietary format to do the things avrcp would do. Woe is me.
    06-24-2009 07:01 PM
    I noticed that when you leave your phone charging and it reaches 100% then unplug it, it says 99%. But if you restart it goes back to 100%? Very weird. Does anyone else have this problem?
    06-24-2009 09:11 PM
    I got this bug too, had to restart my device to get the correct icons. Sometime I see no icon, just black square
    06-26-2009 02:35 PM
    streamig podcasts on wifi has major problems. If I begin on wifi and close safari to go to another app my wifi signal becomes weaker and weaker until the podcast stops streaming andmy signal reverts back to 3G.

On 3G it works fine throughout.

Also , copy and pasting from the safari broswer does not work.
    06-26-2009 03:42 PM
    GPS is totally inaccurate.
    never had that problem with 3G.
    Tried turning off the 3G radio on it, no luck.
    06-26-2009 03:44 PM
    Not quite a fix. If you hard reset it will probably mess up again. I am on a replacement GS and the second one is also doing it. I wish I knew what was causing it.
    06-27-2009 06:34 PM
    The 3 GS is horrible compared to the 2 month old 3g I owned. I live in an area with very good coverage and my radio will constantly drop to 1 bar and then looking for service. Reboot the phone in the same place and be at 5 bars. Anyone else have this?
    06-27-2009 06:39 PM
    I actually have better Service coverage with my 3G S then I had with my 3G. I've also had no probs surfing the web anywhere either. Before I had to hold my phone up in certain areas to connect.
    06-27-2009 08:13 PM
    I have an iPhone 3G and a 3GS, when I perform large network operations (download/upload lots of images, download podcasts, etc) over WiFi, the 3GS is often half the speed of the 3G, so now the S stands for slow? I've run several speed test apps, these seem to show download a bit faster on the 3GS and upload about 50% slower, however actual experience with real content is that download is 30-50% slower. I visited my local apple store and the genius' 3GS had the same WiFi performance characteristics as mine so probably not a hardware issue.

Are other folks seeing this? Anyone know if this is a known issue that Apple could be working to resolve in 3.0.1 (3.1?? whatever it's gonna be numbered...)???
    06-29-2009 05:49 PM
    I've noticed a few quirks on my new phone. I can't compare to the 3G, I only had the classic iPhone before my GS.
    Compared with the 2G:
    It has typically taken a lot longer to shut down the phone. Not such a big deal as it hasn't gotten stuck there yet.
    When I have the phone charging via USB, the phone indicates a full charge but the computer indicator says it's still charging. A while later the computer meter catches up. The 2G always seemed to agree with the computer.
    The battery does drain quickly. I fully charged overnight and have only used it to text a little bit today. It's already dropped to 92% with minimal usage. When I started texting, it dropped from 100% to 97% within a few minutes. I've not noticed that the battery is better than the 2G and I usually turn off the 3G unless I need the network. I just sent a couple more texts (received one) and it's dropped down to 90%.
    A couple times, it has completely dropped the service even though I'm in an area where the signal is always high. This showed up on EDGE as well as 3G - hardware or network issue????
    On 3G, it sometimes takes a long while to download. I was driving the other day and was using EDGE for maps. To speed things up I switched to 3G and, few for few minutes after connecting to the network, it was very slow even to load the simplest map - not a satellite image.
    Wasn't sure how accurate the GPS function would be and generally it's spot-on. But it seems that when it's showing the direction I'm going it's skewed. Maybe this is the magnetic north/true north thing and I just need to switch to whatever it's not displaying. The digital compass is very sensitive to external interference.

The thing that I've found works better is when I'm on a call I can use wifi without issue. With my 2G it would work for a few minutes into the call and then the signal strength would quickly fade out until it wouldn't work at all - even though I'd be standing right next to the router. Once the call was terminated, it would return to full strength.
    06-30-2009 04:04 PM
    The only problem I have noticed is that somehow my phone always ends up at a voicemail password enter screen.. When I exit an app or get off the phone.. Or when I have my phone locked and hit the wake button sometimes it will simply be at this screen when I unlock it.

Pretty annoying..
    Have you figured out how to get rid of it? I have the same problem with the voicemail password screen.
    06-30-2009 04:10 PM
    If I shake or move my 3gs quickly while it's charging there is a chirping noise, if the sound is off the chirp is replaced by a vibration. I thought it may have been app related as I just downloaded Tetris but it only occurs while the phone is charging.
    06-30-2009 04:29 PM
    If I shake or move my 3gs quickly while it's charging there is a chirping noise, if the sound is off the chirp is replaced by a vibration. I thought it may have been app related as I just downloaded Tetris but it only occurs while the phone is charging.
    WTF? That's weird! Like the noise it makes when you plug it in?
    06-30-2009 07:14 PM
112 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD